Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ok, I've had it!

Try previewing your post by going to preview post, or more reply options. Once on the preview screen, click on the post, or the add your reply button, and it will work.

I started running into this problem as long ago as a couple of months, and this seems to work every time.

Hope this helps.

Corey

Edited by dimebolt

Try previewing your post by going to preview post, or more reply options. Once on the preview screen, click on the post, or the add your reply button, and it will work.

I started running into this problem as long ago as a couple of months, and this seems to work every time.

Hope this helps.

Corey

I'm tellin you guys, try this. It is the reason I'm still posting here. I was getting so flustered every time I would post pics and or have something to say, and it would just go on forever. I was about to quit trying to post, until I figured this out.

Corey

Strange, but I haven't had any problems with posting. Sometimes the site loads S-L-O-W-L-Y, but usually not. One I got that SQL Error, too. But really there has been nothing special in my computer.

Now that's funny. a guy in Finland (maybe half way around the world) has no problem.

Hey maybe the MCM forum server is in Finland !

I've had the same experience (failure to upload a post) quite often, when I've tried to use the black "Post" button at the bottom right corner of a topic. Usually happens 60% - 80% of the posts I've tried to enter.

But I've found one sure-fire work-around: Use the black "Reply to this Topic" button at the upper right corner of the thread instead. Works first time every time.

At least for me. Your mileage may differ.

B)

I've had the same experience (failure to upload a post) quite often, when I've tried to use the black "Post" button at the bottom right corner of a topic. Usually happens 60% - 80% of the posts I've tried to enter.

But I've found one sure-fire work-around: Use the black "Reply to this Topic" button at the upper right corner of the thread instead. Works first time every time.

At least for me. Your mileage may differ.

B)

My mileage differs a little. The "Reply to this Topic" button works much better. But sometimes it also runs for a long time before it loads the post.

It's not just you. As Derick says...slow and lots of SQL errors lately.

Although I find it difficult to believe that there are still people who use IE. Even more difficult to believe that people will admit they do! Do you ride a dinosaur to work, too? :P

Sorry, but I like IE far better than that piece of junk firefox.

Hope this helps.

Corey

Hey ! It works !

Yeah this is a crazy,aggrevating problem...But, I have learned a little "cheat"....Type in your post content(pics included) and Right click and copy your entire post,Then hit the Little black "Post" button....And give it about 10-15 seconds to post. If you get the little green bar with flashing dots and nothing is happening after several seconds, Hit the refresh button on the address bar and refresh the page.Then hit the Reply button and the clear reply screen will come up, Right click and "Paste" and you can hit the Post button again and it will post on the thread!! This works very well for me, So, you really have nothing to lose by trying this!! And at least you won't have to retype your post....I'm just trying to help....Roy

Roy is correct, it is how I have been having to post here for well over a month. Even tried composing in Word, pasting and posting only to get the green blocks in a loop. At least 75% of the time I have to do the copy/back up/repaste trick.

Figures, worked OK that time... :mellow:

Edited by Scale-Master