Model Cars Magazine Forum

YEAR IN REVIEW

John, sounds like that is a wonderful highlight. Thanks for sharing.

Of course, my highlight of 2012 is not going to be seen until January 2013 when I got to work and collaborate with the Old Man (Mr. Donn Yost), a first of several wonderful sorties into styrene addiction.

Well I finally got around to putting an SBC in my 1:1 Regal, I started many builds and only finished a few (no surprise there lol), went to a few contests where I got to meet a couple of MCM members, and I won my class in 2 of the contests. It's been a good last year ever lol!

This year has a been a lot of diffrent things. Found out that i'm going to be a grandfather tops it all off. But for the modeling world I was able to get back to doing what I like best and that is 1 off cars and working hand and hand with RPM Custom Hot Rods and Area51 Paint people doing "Runt". For wins I only made 3 shows this year and got to see my friends from Puerto Rico at the Indy show this last Nov and also winning the "Best Replica" with Boyd Coddington Memorial 61 Chevy.

Back at ya , Virgil ! Working on different projects with you this year definitely made the high light reel of 2012 .

Having my work featured in several different publications , and writing my first article for Model Car Magazine were at the top of the list also .

Met a whole bunch of new friends in the hobby , 2 more beautiful grandkids , Callie and Pat graduated with honors from high school , won a silver medal for Senior Olympic Softball , and so much more !

Truly blessed this year , and I am ever so thankful for it ! And The Blonde ..... Never , ever , forget The Blonde !

Well...... I turned 65 back in April. My Grandson is now walking and starting to talk. Our family has their health. The roofs over our heads are secure. The cabinets and freezer are well-stocked. I finished 4 models so far. I'm building one model for a friend who is alive, and another for one who is no longer here. It has been a good year so far, and I had a lot to be thankful for on Turkey Day.

it has been a good year, my twins ( my youngest ) just turned 18!! yesterday WOOHOO!! my wife started building models :wub: the original owner of the Keeling&Clayton California Charger contacted me through the forum when I was building it and offered some original pictures of the car for reference, went to 7 shows so far this year and got 7 best of shows and my first build to be featured in Model Car Magazine, (thanks Harry!) got to meet a lot of new friends in the model world and looking forward to meeting more, I can't complain, certainly a year I will never forget!

This year has been rewarding as far as building models, and contests go.

I got 2 of my 3 total contest wins this year, and it has been very motivating for me.

And like Bill said, I got to get out and make some new friends, and fellow model builders.

Looking forward to next year.

Corey

The best highlight by far for me this year man is marring my best friend :) Now my wife..

And she is starting to build models with me too man, that is just soo cool. Plus Kel is so supportive of me playing with little cars lol

Model wise, just all the great kits Round2 & Revell have been releasing again. And I hope next year (if we get there man) is just as good dudes

Peace

well I do have a few Highlights one my wife has put up with me for 27 years . My youngest Daughter graduates in a couple weeks from college. She Has 3 more years to go after that and getting My Hudson Hornet in Model Cars Mag. Heck I think it has been up in my mail box for a week or more . Don't hardly get the mail as I only have one bill that doesn't get paid directly out of my checking account. Heck I have on;y been yo the post office 2 times in the last 3 months.