Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell AG Mini Cooper Mk1 998 c.c

GeeBee

is there anything here that would lead one to prefer this release vs the tamiya? maybe just some model-specific differences but anything else?

I've been wondering that too - from what I've seen of the Revell in various photos & reviews online, whilst there appear to be some aspects that are better (e.g a fully separate rear subframe, seats & dash), there are others where I think that the Tamiya is superior (e.g. engine bay detailing especially the ancillaries on the bulkhead, & more accurate depth to the front door pockets). Given the size similarities, would be interesting to see if the two can be combined to make a really good version! In the meantime, I'll be sticking with Tamiya (if only because I have a couple already...), but if Revell were to release a Countryman / Traveller version, or (even better imho) an Elf variant, then I'd definitely buy those!

• 7 years later...
49 minutes ago, randx0 said:

I wonder what other variants Revell had planned and if we'll ever see them . 

They released a Monte Carlo rally version, which is pretty hard to find, but I'm hoping they release more Mini kits in the future. 

6 hours ago, GeeBee said:

They released a Monte Carlo rally version, which is pretty hard to find, but I'm hoping they release more Mini kits in the future. 

Was it just a revell Germany release or did revell US get it too ? I think I was waiting for the US release .  Either way I think I'll hunt one down . 

5 minutes ago, randx0 said:

Was it just a revell Germany release or did revell US get it too ? I think I was waiting for the US release .  Either way I think I'll hunt one down . 

Looks like the Monte Carlo Rally version was Revell of Germany only...there was a Revell US release of the stock version in 2013.