1/6 Ford 427 SOHC engine Done 12-11 -12

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I'm in between projects at the moment and I remembered I had this kit I bought a few years ago. I figured it could be a good kit to build between ones more difficult. No painting to do although I may make some changes. I will have to see when I get into it. From what I have seen so far it looks pretty good and nicely detailed. Something different anyway.

wreathandengine001.jpg

Edited by cobraman

Posted · Report post

Ray , Those are nice kits right out of the box ( I have all the Revell Engine kits ) but they are so easily detailed that you should consider it . Their size makes it really easy and I found that after building a big engine the smaller ones were easier to detail !

Good luck and post lots of pictures along the way !

Posted · Report post

Yea Bob, I can see where some detail painting could make a difference. I have not gotten to far on it yet but I can see where it could help a younger person see how an engine works to a degree. Ya there is no pistons or crank or cam ect. but the starter and alt. fan and pulleys all function and like I say could help a younger builder. What I noticed so far is make sure you have a good Phillips head screwdriver as some of the screws can fight you a bit.

Posted · Report post

I did one of those a while ago for being such an easy build i was pretty impressed by the results.

Posted · Report post

It is a great kit out of the box. Easy build and a great display piece, but your right about the screws.