The Build That Wouldn't Die!

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I Had Three Builds on My Work Bench, and Three Others In Their Boxes!

On the Work Bench ;

50 Chevy 3100 Pickup

25 T Model, GOW JOB

32 Ford Chopped three window

In Boxes;

32 Ford Sport Coupe

32 Ford 3 Window With Ardun Equiped 49 Flathead

69 Nova Yenko

I thought they had all been destroy, until my son walked in today with a plastic case with one of them inside. He had cleaned the case before bringing it to me. GUESS WHAT WAS INSIDE!!

8bcdc652.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

I figure that if It Servived the Fire when All Of the Others Did't It Deseves to get Finished!

Edited by Tom Setzer

Posted · Report post

God bless you. To lose everything is terrible, It is surely a treat to find something like that after a tragedy. Specially in such good shape!

Posted · Report post

God bless you. To lose everything is terrible, It is surely a treat to find something like that after a tragedy. Specially in such good shape!

Thank You!

I've got to do some cleaning up on it, it has some dirt and grim on it, but it is still intact.

Posted · Report post

I will post photo's of my progress as I get it cleaned up and repaired. Once those are done I will finish detailing, and assembling it! It wont get neglected again!

Posted · Report post

I'm really sorry to hear about tragedy. It's hard to find the good in a situation like that but I'm glad to see you we're able to salvage something out of it. It's a cool little project and held up nicely. I'll be keeping my eye on this for some progress. Good luck with everything.

Posted · Report post

Amazing that a Plastic Kit survived. If you're into naming projects you might avoid the obvious Phoenix and Smokie names and go for another fire Orphan - Bambi. There were 5 siblings that seem to have not made it.

Posted · Report post

Thank you for your comments!

Posted · Report post

At least no one was injured and you and your family can move on . This will be a special build and I'm sure you will do it justice .

Posted · Report post

I hope you finish that 32.

Posted · Report post

Doc, I have to finish it after, the way it survived!

Posted · Report post

Hope to see it done soon.

Posted · Report post

I spent some time cleaning on the 32, but I still have more to do before I can get back to building it. I will get back to working on it this evening.

Posted · Report post

I like it.

Posted · Report post

Thomas,glad you have one survivor and I am sorry for the loss from a fire,trust me I know,been there when I was 15,my garage was under the house and I had a '46 Chevrolet coupe I was working on that caught fire,my poor mom lost a lot of things that could not be replaced and so did I.....guard that lil' coupe of yours,I had only one model that made it,Ertl 4070,cleaned up well but got totally distroyed years later in a move............

Posted · Report post

I'm trying to finish it before anything else can happen to it! I've already put about 7 or 8 hours into it since my son broght it to me yesterday!

Posted · Report post

Sorry about the fire.Glad to see you finishing this one !

Posted (edited) · Report post

I feel that it deserves to be finished, It is a true SURVIVER!

Edited by Tom Setzer

Posted · Report post

I feel that it deserves to be finished, It is a true SURVIVER!

Posted · Report post

Plan for today is making a new Tyerod for the Deuce, and cleaning up the paint with Novus 1!

Posted · Report post

I will Have to Build a New Frame and Front Suspension for it! When I Tried to Block it up on a Grid To Make sure I Got The front wheels straight With The New Tyerod, I Found out The Resin Frome was Baddly Warped, and so Was the Front Axle. and Tryes. The Front Axle also had a Lot of Cracks In It!

I will Have to Build A New Chassis and Front Suspension For it, But I will Finish This Build!

Posted · Report post

I have a new chassis ordered From Norm, But it may take awhile, as he is swamped with orders! Allll I can do is just wait for it, but I will not give up on this build!