Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Build That Wouldn't Die!

Tom Setzer

I Had Three Builds on My Work Bench, and Three Others In Their Boxes!

On the Work Bench ;

50 Chevy 3100 Pickup

25 T Model, GOW JOB

32 Ford Chopped three window

In Boxes;

32 Ford Sport Coupe

32 Ford 3 Window With Ardun Equiped 49 Flathead

69 Nova Yenko

I thought they had all been destroy, until my son walked in today with a plastic case with one of them inside. He had cleaned the case before bringing it to me. GUESS WHAT WAS INSIDE!!

8bcdc652.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

I figure that if It Servived the Fire when All Of the Others Did't It Deseves to get Finished!

Edited by Tom Setzer

I'm really sorry to hear about tragedy. It's hard to find the good in a situation like that but I'm glad to see you we're able to salvage something out of it. It's a cool little project and held up nicely. I'll be keeping my eye on this for some progress. Good luck with everything.

Thomas,glad you have one survivor and I am sorry for the loss from a fire,trust me I know,been there when I was 15,my garage was under the house and I had a '46 Chevrolet coupe I was working on that caught fire,my poor mom lost a lot of things that could not be replaced and so did I.....guard that lil' coupe of yours,I had only one model that made it,Ertl 4070,cleaned up well but got totally distroyed years later in a move............

I will Have to Build a New Frame and Front Suspension for it! When I Tried to Block it up on a Grid To Make sure I Got The front wheels straight With The New Tyerod, I Found out The Resin Frome was Baddly Warped, and so Was the Front Axle. and Tryes. The Front Axle also had a Lot of Cracks In It!

I will Have to Build A New Chassis and Front Suspension For it, But I will Finish This Build!