Model Cars Magazine Forum

49/50 Olds body

Does anyone know if there may be a 4 door body for the new '50 Olds kit?. I know there is a 2dr fastback, hardtop and cvt available, but haven't found and more-doors yet. Also interested to know if anyone is doing a 4 door fastback '51 Chevy or perhaps a station wagon coversion kit? Hendrix does a '51 Chevy 2 door post........I may go that route if nothing else is available.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there may be a 4 door body for the new '50 Olds kit?. I know there is a 2dr fastback, hardtop and cvt available, but haven't found and more-doors yet. Also interested to know if anyone is doing a 4 door fastback '51 Chevy or perhaps a station wagon coversion kit? Hendrix does a '51 Chevy 2 door post........I may go that route if nothing else is available.

Alan,

Tom Coolidges recent build of the 2 dr sedan resin from the Revell '50 Olds Coupe will work for a 4 dr sedan.

Tom did the major work by extending the top and shortening the trunk line. I'm 99% sure the 2dr sedan and 4 dr sedan use the same body/top as I know of a 1:1 car being converted from 4 to 2 dr. On the resin all you would need to do is move the B pillar forward and re-scribe the door lines. I have a 1:1 '50 88 4dr if you need ref photos. Let me know

Larry

Al, You will want to contact my good friend Ed Fluck at lowcab36@epix.net. He has a couple special things in the works, like a chopped fastback and a sedan. He also offers a tuck and roll interior which is simply awesome. Tell him i sent ya. Jay, cooltoys

Nice to hear Ed's keeping Drag City going!

I'm hoping someone will do a convertible body- or at least just the interior side panels and backseat. (I can always chop off the roof myself. B) )

• 3 weeks later...