Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Big Cojone: 57 Fairlane Cannonballer

A.R.C.

Finished this the other day for the Cannonball CBP. Its an AMT 3N1 57 Fairlane that I found in a discount store still sealed for $10.

I went for a stripped down,no frills, lived a rough life, bad as you wanna be street racer look from that era. Removed the body trim, drilled trim mount holes then filled them in with intentionally bad body work. Scratch built a few pieces....really big gas tank, rollbar, seat mount, hood scoop, exhaust, supercharger plumbing and air intake, rad hose (because the only one it had was on the intstruction sheet) added a straight axle front and a few other things that I cant think of right now. Put a coat of semi gloss clear over hot rod grey primer and a flat black hood. Threw a few spares in the back and some borrowed license plates to help out with getting across the country and then hit the road in a race car thats got no problem fighting dirty.

SDC10684.jpg

SDC10682.jpg

SDC10680.jpg

SDC10679-2.jpg

Heh, heh, heh. Go ahead, you can say that with a sinister grin.

I had a sinister grin the entire time I was building it B) .

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. It was a fun build. I was under a big time crunch but it was still fun.

Love it Adam, really did an outstanding jon on the '57. Always like them, my first car was a Custom 300. I'm so glad they finally came out with the kit. You gave me more ideas for a couple of builds with the '57.

Tom