Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Peterbilt 359 Large Car

Thanks Clayton,Carl and Ken for your comments.

I have some new pictures to show of my slow progress. I built a heater box and installed it to the inside firewall. You can't really see it but it's there.

DSCN4274

DSCN4288

I have the visor now installed and the mirrors on..... I think that i'm going to have to build new mirror arms. I am limited to how much the doors will open. Just a small set back.

DSCN4290

I also had to make new map pockets for the doors.

DSCN4291

Door panels are on .

Visor is on.

DSCN4294

One last photo.

DSCN4295

Will post more soon. Thanks.

Ken.B)

Edited by Kenny B

Thanks,Ken,Clayton and Henry for your comments.

I was test fitting things today for the first time since she was painted. I had to make sure that everything lined up before I started to glue everything together.

Here is my first picture of the painted mock up. A few small changes needed to be done still before final assembly can start.

I was having issues with the hood to cab fit so I had to heat up the hood and quick freeze it to correct the warp issue.

The top of the hood has to be sanded down and repainted. No big problem,I've had worse.

Ken.B)

DSCN4304.thumb.JPG.2741364ead0925137d326

Edited by Kenny B

Thanks Jim,Jeff,Clayton,Mike and John for your comments. This was the first mock up since she was painted. I carefully put it together and sat back to look at her. In awe myself all I could say was "WOW"..... and sat there like a young boy looking into the toy store window.

I still have a few things to correct for fit but slowly she is coming to life.

Thanks again to all for the wonderful comments and encouragement to keep me going through the hard times.

Ken.B)

Edited by Kenny B

Thanks, JT.

Having hood issues with her. I need more clearance on the sides of the hood to clear the twin turbo pipes. I tried to heat her up good with a blow dryer and spread it open a little more and then dunk it into ice water. It works good but slowly goes back to the original shape in a day or two. It is now my third attempt at this each time sticking more wedges in to move it outward to open it up.

So now the top of the hood needs to be repainted........again..... what a surprise. 

I thought I had a picture to show but I lost that too.

Ken.:wacko:

Kenny, can you tuck the turbos in?

Edit: Kenny, I was just on page two of your build, and if you left everything as is, your best bet is to rework to the turbo tubing instead of bowing out the covers. Looks like you have alot of room to pull the turbos closer to the frame.

Edited by John Clutch