Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thought you guys would like to see these vintage scratchbuilt travel trailers in 1/25 scale! I don't know who the builder is, I got these pics from a 1:1 vintage trailer facebook site I belong to. They are done in aluminum, just like the real ones. There are two different length late '40's-early 50's Airfloat trailers (the ones with the round windows), a couple of Airstreams '40s and '50s, and a rare front enterance '30s Bowlus Road Chief. This guy should make these available as kits, I'd love to have some.

t%2520model%2520airstreams.jpgt%2520model%2520bowlus%2520road%2520chiet%2520model%2520airfloats.jpg

One of the Mints had a beautiful Airstream trailer about 10 years ago! I found ne at one of the toyshows for only 150 bucks, but I was too late, when I asked about it, it was already sold, and the show had JUST opened!!! THOSE little trailers are beautiful!!!! i wonder if he sells them to the general public????

Do those things have full interiors too? Or just the shell?

I know the Bowlus Road Cheif has an interior, very well done too. The entire body lifts off to see it. As for the Franklin Mint Airstream, that's a late sixties model, very well done, but very expensive now. Usually see them go for up to five hundred a piece on the 'Bay. Glad I bought mine from the mint back when they were available. I too wish we could find this builder. If I do find out who it is, I'll post it here. I could do a master for flat sided trailers like the Airfloats pictured here, but I don't think I could ever get the symmetry right to do a "rounded" one like the Airstreams.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Alan,did anything happen with locating the builder of these trailers or with you being able to cast the Airfloat trailer?I live just two blocks from the Airstream factory and have photographed their 1935 Bowlus Road Chief.I have detailed photocopies of it In 1/25 scale as well with dimensions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...