Model Cars Magazine Forum

Buy 1 get 1 free @ Meijers

I checked my local Meijers, the kits were all Vipers and snap kits. They did not have any of the 50 Fords or the Mustangs. I will have to save my money for the Hobby Lobby after Christmas sale. They have a ton of extra kits and they will clearance them off after Christmas.

Corey- How far are you from DeWitt? That store has the '68 Mustang, '50 Ford F-1, and the '49 Merc in stock, as well as the '62 Impala California Wheels and the Viper.

Its about an hour and a half from me. My wifes uncle is a dentist in DeWitt, so we go there twice a year. It is a little to far to go to get another 49 Mercury (I already have five) and the rest I would be buying just for parts to use in other kits. I checked all of the four Meijers here without finding anything that was worth the money. Thanks for the help, I apperciate it.

I went Saturday morning to get groceries at our Miejers and they only had about 7 different kits, in the 19.99 to 21.99 range AND they were buy TWO get one free. Not at those prices. I can get a better selection at Micheals or Hobby Lobby and with the coupon I can get them for as low as 15 bucks.

The first Meijer I went to had the "Buy 2 get 1 free" tag.The next one I hit had the "Buy 1 get 1 free" deal.There was a two day coupon for $4 dollars off any purchase of $19.97 or more so I got a '49 Mercury and a '62 Impala for what came to $9 each plus tax.

I've heard a few rumors from Meijer employees that they might not be restocking them after the 24th, that may explain why they're now 50% off.

That's too bad, it might be a sign that they are not going to carry then again. The stores here did not sell very many kits. They also did not have the kit selection that they had last year.

• 2 weeks later...