Model Cars Magazine Forum

southside chicago model clubs?

bensenville is all the way on the other side of the known world to a born and raised south sider. id be afraid id fall off the earth if i went all the way up there, do they still speak chicagoan there?

You got that right!!!! I joined that club...I'm in northwest Indiana, talk about a long ride to get to a meeting!!! LOL!! Uhmmm, there's alot of hillbilly lingo up there!!! LOL!!! Geez...I fit right in.... :huh:

You got that right!!!! I joined that club...I'm in northwest Indiana, talk about a long ride to get to a meeting!!! LOL!! Uhmmm, there's alot of hillbilly lingo up there!!! LOL!!! Geez...I fit right in.... :huh:

derrick

do you know of any other clubs closer to civilization?

derrick

do you know of any other clubs closer to civilization?

Sorry man, I don't. I'd like to talk to guys at G&G Hobbies in Griffith, Indiana. That's not too far from the south burbs. They've been talking about it, need to light a fire under em!!! LOL!!!

• 4 weeks later...

The president of LMMCC lives in Oak Lawn. There are members who come from the south suburbs such as Frankfort. And there are members who come from Northwest Indiana.

Gerry is right, Jim, the prez, is a trip!!!! He cracks me up!!! Makes me laugh at every meeting!!! :lol:;)

The president of LMMCC lives in Oak Lawn. There are members who come from the south suburbs such as Frankfort. And there are members who come from Northwest Indiana.

Maybe you should contact him and see if you could meet up and share the ride? Great way to make a new friend and save some gas & toll money.

• 7 months later...

Alan:

There is the IPMS / Will - Cook chapter that holds their meetings in Homewood, the third Friday of every month in a church basement. There are about a dozen or so active members and for the most part they're plane, tank and ship builders but "car guys" are more than welcome too. I'm a member of the club but I had to take some time away because money is tight, wife is looking for a new job and I just had knee surgery, so I'm on medical leave from my job. FYI - I live on the East Side just north of Hegewisch.

John Truby

Alan:

There is the IPMS / Will - Cook chapter that holds their meetings in Homewood, the third Friday of every month in a church basement. There are about a dozen or so active members and for the most part they're plane, tank and ship builders but "car guys" are more than welcome too. I'm a member of the club but I had to take some time away because money is tight, wife is looking for a new job and I just had knee surgery, so I'm on medical leave from my job. FYI - I live on the East Side just north of Hegewisch.

John Truby

Good luck recovering from your knee surgery and do the therapy as it is VERY important. Ask me how I know.