Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moran's new Billet Bullet - or: HOLY FREAKIN GOD!

cliff notes: 637 CI, hemi headed, Capable of over 900 cubic inches, In 785 inch trim itll buzz to 10k rpm. Yeah TEN THOUSAND RPM. Block, heads, intake, valve covers alll machined from billet aluminum. Turbo

(s). oh, and it makes four thousand four hundred horsepower on alcohol.

http://bangshift.com/blog/pri-2012-mike-morans-new-4400hp-billet-aluminum-hemi-nearing-top-fuel-hp-with-alky-and-turbos.html

There are lots of things i would do with this engine, some involve racing, most require a moment alone.

post-8574-0-57510000-1354851042_thumb.jp

If your referring to the Million Dollar Man Donnie Moran, that's way too much motor for any track he will race at anytime in the very near present and future. I used to do the live race notes for the World of Outlaw Late Model Series on www.dirtvision.com with that being said and attending mega mega races even a 430 is a bit too much motor for a lot of tracks these guys race on. Don't really see the need for all that motor. Would like to have that discussion with Donnie sometime ha ha. Why so much motor ?

My uncle owns a big late model team that races locally here in PA and does some traveling with the WoO from time to time and the 430 they have produces too much horsepower to grip the track properly at a lot of the tracks they race at. Good lord a 430 is way too expensive let alone this big bag monster posted in this thread ha ha.

This is a pro mod/ pro street engine. Though it has water jackets so it could be in a street car. And rumor has it a hot rod drag weeker's already bought one...

That being said the type if racing wasn't really my point, my point was what a engineering marvel this thing is. An engine that big revving that high? Incredible.