Model Cars Magazine Forum

Outlawed Barracuda

Scottnkat

I built this as an homage to Richard Petty's drag racing days. It would have been nice to have an actual '65 body to do this with, but all I could get was a '66, so it's more of a tribute car. About the only pieces that I used from the kit were the engine block and heads, the body, and the trim. Here she is:

DSCN1704a.jpg

DSCN1705a.jpg

DSCN1706a.jpg

DSCN1707a.jpg

DSCN1710a.jpg

Very cool ! l've only seen one picture of this, it had 5-spokes, maybe Cragars ? Do you have any engine shots ? How many cars in your Petty collection now ? I'm getting ready to start a '65 Satellite & l was SO tempted to do a phantom "43", lol. Bart.

Bart, the body, engine, and trim pieces all came from the Hurst Hemi Under Glass kit. The hood was molded shut on that and I didn't open the hood up on this, so no under-hood shot on this one, bud. . I've now got 9 or 10 Petty cars in my collection with probably another 7 or 8 to go.

Bart, if you do end up doing the '65 Satellite, I'll be sure to check out pics - I'd love to see it