Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Ulenhaut Coupe

Dave B

Been building this for a while. It has not been a happy build, I did everything wrong & then to top it off fitting the body onto the chassis & keeping the wheels anywhere need the deck was difficult, for me anyway. Be interested in any other comments from people who have built this kit!! Anyway it does look half decent in the display cabinet.

IMG_2629-1.jpg

IMG_2628.jpg

IMG_2627.jpg

IMG_2626.jpg

IMG_2625-1.jpg

Tks for looking

Dave B

Your build looks great. As it's one of my all-time favorite designs, I'd wondered about this kit...only became aware of it recently. What kinds of issues came up, if you don't mind elaborating?

Tks for the comments guys.

Bill, chassis & body as separate builds were great. The issue came about when it was time to fit the body over the chassis. The instructions had set install the exhausts ends. I didn't, left it till the body was on, just as well, not a problem. The main kit issue was fitting the chassis into the body. It was all painted & I had to relieve the pan at the rear of the chassis for it to clip in. Even then it still wants to lift a front wheel. Other issues were caused by me, mostly during painting the body, old enough to know better!!

Dave B

You did a great job with what seems to be a terrible, old kit... I have it and I noticed that the hood and doors are warped and fit terribly, leaving gaping holes everywhere... I see ¸the situation with the door is the same in your case. One solution I have come up with thus far is displaying the model with the doors and hood open.

I have it and I noticed that the hood and doors are warped and fit terribly, leaving gaping holes everywhere... I see ¸the situation with the door is the same in your case.

You're right, I have applied heat to the bonnet (hood) at least three times, it sits flush for about 2 days then goes back to the old 'warped' shape. Bent the doors in cold but still can't get them to sit flush, better than they were though.

All in all though I'm glad I bought it, it's a neat addition to the 'sports car' collection

Tks guys

Dave B