Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for flat or "matte" light blue spray paint

I'm actually wanting the flat light blue to use as a primer coat in a way. I use the flat spray to get into all the corners, nooks and crannies of the truck chassis parts as it won't build up like gloss will. After I get the flat light blue into the hard at get areas, I'll assemble the chassis and then spray everything with a light coat of gloss light blue not having to worrry about reaching the hard to get areas. That way, I don't have to spray much gloss and flood out light surface detail.

I'm actually wanting the flat light blue to use as a primer coat in a way. I use the flat spray to get into all the corners, nooks and crannies of the truck chassis parts as it won't build up like gloss will. After I get the flat light blue into the hard at get areas, I'll assemble the chassis and then spray everything with a light coat of gloss light blue not having to worrry about reaching the hard to get areas. That way, I don't have to spray much gloss and flood out light surface detail.

You are incorrect sir, flat paint will not really sink into corners, deep crevices, etc any much better than gloss paint, it either takes airbrushing or many light coats to build up in those areas.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but is Tamiya AS series same type of paint as their TS series? I think TS is spray enamel, is the AS the same?

Thanks.

Taken from Tamiya's website

Tamiya Color Spray For Aircraft (AS)
These spray paints are specially developed for finishing aircraft models. Each color is formulated to provide the authentic tone to 1/32 and 1/48 scale model aircraft. now, the subtle shades can be easily obtained on your models by simple spraying. Each can contains 100ml of synthetic lacquer paint.
Tamiya Color Spray Paints (TS)
These cans of spray paint are extremely useful for painting large surfaces. The paint is synthetic lacquer that cures in a short period of time. Each can contains 100ml of paint, which is enough to fully cover 2 or 3, 1/24 scale sized car bodies. Tamiya spray paints are not affected by acrylic or enamel paints. Therefor, following the painting of the entire assembly, details can be added or picked out using enamel and/or acrylic paints. By combining of three different paints, the decoration of plastic models will become simpler and more effective.