Model Cars Magazine Forum

Keith Marks Decals

• 5 months later...

He makes great stuff. Yet, if you plan to clearcoat it, be careful. His decals don't like clearcoat, bur they stick enough naturally. Very nice !

I never had a problem with clearcoating any of his decals. This T/A has several coats of Duplicolor laquer clear on it. I've done several cars with it.

149_4905-vi.jpg

Exactly....

rr22.jpg

rr23.jpg

You want to clearcoat them so that they will seal up and last a long time. If you have decals that screw up after putting on a clearcoat, then you need to wait longer to allow them to dry before putting it on.

Edited by Drake69

Not to start a great debate but... If building a factory stock muscle car I never clear over the decals! The 1:1s were never done that way and to me it ruins the look of the finished car.

maybe so but as with any ALPS printed decals , Keiths are a mat finish and easily damaged.

Even if you only clear them before cutting and using then it's good to have them protected from handling mishaps.

Yes, this will make them glossier but very few factory decals were dead flat like ALPS decals come as printed anyway.