Model Cars Magazine Forum

WESTERN STAR LOGGER..

its not uncommon to see a over the road truck down here in south Louisiana come off the road and start hauling logs..here it is finally finished it..it is wired and plumbed, aluminum stacks, brass photo etched heat shields,fuel tanks open, winch and working shackle...the trailer is scratched built using the axles and tires out of the amt log kit. weathered out with pastels..

Hey David, looks like you nailed it! I seen a lot of these in north louisiana & s. arkansas in the early '90's. I had a Mack r and a freightliner, both w/ sleepers hauling wood chips, lumber and would not hesitate to hook on to a pole trailer. There was some good money in pulling logs back then if you didn't mind getting your truck dirty! Oh, and if you hauled into Bastrop, that sleeper came in real handy. A 3-4 hr wait was normal! Seen a lot of good looking large cars come in there with a pole trailer. Nice job!

David that cool very realistic where did the haulin a$$ pe come from I need some of those?

my friend that started Detail Master did them for me years ago..they are all brass..no stainless back in the day..i did all the art work ..he also did me a few up in 1/16 scale..i let him keep the art work and that is how Detail Master ended up with the women and weights...i have no idea why he didn't do the hauling A*~ ones....so i'm the only guy in the world that i know has these..

my friend that started Detail Master did them for me years ago..they are all brass..no stainless back in the day..i did all the art work ..he also did me a few up in 1/16 scale..i let him keep the art work and that is how Detail Master ended up with the women and weights...i have no idea why he didn't do the hauling A*~ ones....so i'm the only guy in the world that i know has these..

Nice logger, love the detail you have gone to,

Kangaroo decals here in Australia years ago, done Hauling Ass photo etch, on the same fret they had keep on trucking and a couple of others I think, will dig mine out and post a pic for you

Nice logger, love the detail you have gone to,

Kangaroo decals here in Australia years ago, done Hauling Ass photo etch, on the same fret they had keep on trucking and a couple of others I think, will dig mine out and post a pic for you

do u know if they still do..?? and what is web site..

When the owner of Kangaroo died ...... must be close to 10 years back, the leftover stuff was sold, and most of the art work disappeared when the family where working out what to do with it

Kangaroo had the best decals, they where screen printed, and where quality,

This website has what is left of the Kangaroo range, and there is not much left, a lot of decals where destroyed in a flood recently

http://www.grdecals.com.au/page8.html

file-48.jpg

file-47.jpg