Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tom Geiger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well the dust has finally settled in my house! All the show goodies are put away for another year and the website has been updated. Go to www.nnleast.com to see the results of this year’s show and the NNL East 2014 website is up and running.

Many thanks to everyone who made NNL East a resounding success! We couldn’t do it without all the enthusiastic support we get every year. We have the awesome ability to throw a little party each year and 1200 of our closest friends come to see us. That just blows my mind each and every time. It’s a load of fun to see everyone. I’m amazed at how many people I know in the hobby. And it’s fun to meet some new folks, many of which I’ve already met on-line in person.

Every year something amazing happens. This year when we found we wouldn’t have a restaurant for our Friday evening get together, Tri-State decided to fund a free barbecue for our traveling friends. The most touching moment for me was when someone pointed out a basket full of cash on the buffet table. Everyone decided to chip in! I was nearly in tears that people were that appreciative of our efforts.

And we couldn’t do it without the amazing crew at the Tri-State Scale Model Car Club. Somehow our motley group of 15 or so that attend a meeting morphs into a show team of over 30 great folks who absolutely get what we are doing and what we are about. They proudly and efficiently make it the best day of the hobby each and every year. There isn’t a person in our club who doesn’t work the show, in fact folks who can’t attend our meeting, or have moved far away all show up on this special day. I can’t thank them all enough.

Again, I’m very proud to be a part of Team Tri-State. Thank you to all of them for making us look good.