Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jim Zakia/Alt Chevrolet 1/25 '55 Chevy gasser decals?

Matt: I have a set of decals for the Red 55 Chev. They seem to be the same as the Black one. I believe I got them from Jack at Tp End decals. I hit the name on my favorites and it now comes up as being on Facebook. Check that out. Jack Smith I believe is hos name. I've used a few other sets of his decals and have had great success with them. Aaron Dupont

Matt: I have a set of decals for the Red 55 Chev. They seem to be the same as the Black one. I believe I got them from Jack at Tp End decals. I hit the name on my favorites and it now comes up as being on Facebook. Check that out. Jack Smith I believe is hos name. I've used a few other sets of his decals and have had great success with them. Aaron Dupont

The 1:1 car was red (not black) back in the day. The story I heard is that the current owner bought the car right after it had been painted black. I'm not sure if the previous owner knew (or cared about) the car's prior history. Having seen the black paint job on the car, I wouldn't repaint it red...but I probably wouldn't have added the lettering either.