Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 2006 Mustang...

The only other model I've finished this year... Wrapping it up just as Gregg was publishing the reference photos and Jairus' artwork for new Mustang ideas! Some of you probably saw this on the "other Board" when I posted a few months ago.

AFX n Scale hood, grille, chin spoiler, side scoops, window vents and rear spoiler.

P5070041-vi.jpg

Painted Testors lacquer GTS blue pearl, Tamiya light gunmetal stripes with Duplicolor champagne gold border and testors clear lacquer topcoat. Theres also testors flat and semi-gloss black lacquer on the trim. Last but not least, a shot of Alclad chrome in the taillight buckets. Believe me, there were a lot of masking sessions involved in this paint job!

P5070037-vi.jpg

I used Tamiya clear red and clear orange on the lenses. The 18" pegasus wheels (which fit the kit tires w/ minor mods) are painted Tamiya light gunmetal.

P5070036-vi.jpg

The Interior is painted with some off brand hi-temp engine paint, just because I like the color and tone of it.

Mustang002-vi.jpg

Testors flat and semi-gloss black, Alclad steel and chrome and Testors jet exhaust on the heat shields.

Mustang045-vi.jpg

Hope you like it!