Model Cars Magazine Forum

Animated shows you'd like to see kits from.....

I'm a big fan of animated shows, and there are a few that have some great ideas for kits... figures, space ships, etc....

SymBionic Titan has some cool armour figure ideas, Lance's Mantis armour, Ilana's Golden armour, then there is Octus the robot. And of course the Titan, which the three of them form together to battle enemies....

Then there is Cowboy Bebop. Some cool space vehicles could come from that show, including the mothership "Bebop".....

What do you guys think? Would these not make for great kits? What are some of your favorite cartoons that you would like to see kitted?

Dethklok's Murdercycle, Brock Samson's '69 Charger Adrienne, Grandad Freeman's Lincoln Dorothy (post Xibit Pimp My Ride upgrade), and Black Dynamite's Caddy. Oh, and Bateu's Lancia from Ghost In the Shell (the Tachikoma and Fuchikoma tanks are already available in 1/24, one with the Major and one with Bateu).

Here's something that may suprise you, both Spike Speigels Swordfish 2 and Faye Valentines Red Tail have been done as non-scale model kits, with both kits including larger scale (looked to be roughly 1/24) figures of the characters from the show. I have seen them, very pricey when you find them, as they are long oop.

The 80's series Mask. All the characters had armored and heavily armored vehicles along with masks that they wore that did special functions. If this helps jog the memory, the leader of the good guys was a guy named Matt Tracker, who drove an 80's Camaro that flew and was named Thunderhawk.

Animation is my first choice in television.

Yet, oddly nothing comes to mind in kit form... Figures, yes!

Vehicles......... The Jetsons car/thingy....

I'd like to see the Metalocalypse figues in styrene. Or ANYTHING from Adult Swim for that matter.

Ren & Stimpy would be great. I have so many favorites.

Bob

Speed Racer. I know the Mach 5, and the movie Mach 6 have been done, but I'd like to see some of the others like Racer X's car and some of the more exotic opponents cars.

Captain Scarlett and the Mysterions (animated with marionettes), some neat vehicles in that.

Everything is so commercialized and organized these days that everything is sold! So organized that the Disney swag is on the shelves before the movie is released! It wasn't so when we were kids. As an 11 year old, I'd run home from school every day to watch Speed Racer in black and white. I would have given anything for a Speed Racer car but none was available back then!

I don't know how many thay did, but MPC did produce a few of the Wacky Racers.

I have the Mean Machine & Compact Pussycat.

I know of the Gruesome Two-some's Creepy Coupe.

I do not know if any others were produced.

Yes I would Love to see this series re-issued. But, do the molds still exist??

The Charger would be pointless to market since Revell already does it, all you really have to do is make the beaded seat cover and paint it red with a black top.

True. In fact, I'm going to build one from the Revell kit. But I'm thinking this, to quote Mel Brooks, MERCHANDISING! Where the real money from the film is made! :D

Besides, wouldn't it be cool for Revell to do a Brock Samson Charger, complete with the seat cover and the 4th season electric conversion, and perhaps throw in a figure of everyones favorite Swedish Murder Machine? B)