Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ok, here is the question. You just opened the bottle and out pops the genie. He grants you five wishes. The catch is they have to be five real flesh and blood cars and you have to live with them for the rest of your life. No wishing for a gazillion dollar exoto car that you can sell and buy a hundred thousand Fiat 500's. You actually have to live with them. They are your transportation. No frigin race cars or homolgation specials! They got to go down the street. Oh, and mantainance is included, but you wrap it around a tree, TS man, they ain't fixing it unless you can pay for it. So, what do you choose and why?

Here is my list in not particular order:

1. '69 ram air IV GTO Judge - I fell in love with this car in the muscle car era and just like the lines of it. Homage to the big block street gran prix cars.

2. '60 250 GT California Spider SWB - Yea, Ferris Bullers day off car. A lot of Ferraris to choose from but I think this one had some of the nicest lines of any of the early(In my life) Ferraris. Has to have the 250 V-12. Oh, and I just don't like the look of a Daytona. Looks like it was designed by an ammunition maker.

3. '71 280 SL 'benz pagoda roof. A friend of mines dad had one while I was in college in ice blue and it was a great car to drive. The last year of this car were the most refined and best like so many last editions. The fit and finish were impecable and it was a great car to drive. This would be my daily driver. Easy car to live with.

4. '74 Porsche 911 carrara, Rated as one of the worst porsches ever build for maintance. It was the first year of the battering ram bumpers and had a lot of emissions stuff that went south. So why do I want one? I had a '74 911 and I want it back! Best/worse car I ever owned.

5. '03 458 Italia Yea, I hear you. Crazy exotic but I have seen several of these at cars and coffee in Irvine and I could walk around this car all day long just looking at it. I can't find a line that I don't like. And when one of these leaves the lot, Oh, my word! It is the most fun you can have with your clothes on. Or maybe even sans apparel.

Ok, your turn----- Oh one last question to put this thing into perspective- What do you drive now?

Me? '93 MR2 turbo. You?

Edited by Casey

Ok, I'll play along.

1. 1988 Lamborghini Countach Koenig. The ONLY car I've ever wanted since I was little was a Countach, and when the Koenig was introduced I fell in love all over again.

2. 1967 Shelby GT500.....Yes Eleanor.

3. 1958 Plymouth Fury. ALWAYS wanted Christine.

4. 1966 Cadillac Hearse. SO many things you can do with these.

5. 1998 Chevy C3500 Crew Cab Dooley. If I gotta have a practical vehicle, this would be it.

Currently I drive a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT Coupe.

My top 5:

#1) '61-'64 Dodge D100 Sweptline, preferably a 318 3spd truck, also preferable if it is in original condition (not perfect though).

#2) '70 Plymouth Duster, 318, 904 (727 would be preferable though), has to have the 14 inch Rallye's and a high Impact color, bench would be nice.

#3) '68 GMC Custom 2500, Steel bed floor, leaf springs, 396 and a 3 spd manual on the floor.

#4) '68-'70 Oldsmobile Cutlass W-31 (preferably a '68 with a Ram Rod 350)

#5) '93 Chevrolet C1500 Silverado Indy 500 Pace Truck

What I own:

1993 Chevrolet Cheyenne C1500 (305, 4L60E 4spd Auto W/ Overdrive, longbed single cab)

1969 Plymouth Fury III Convertible (318, 727 3spd auto)

Nick

Hmm. Out of all time favorites.

1. Saleen s7

2. Shelby GT500

3. 70 Buick GSX

4. 70 olds 442

5. 69 Camaro. Candy green with gold base Pro touring style.

What I have now

2012 Honda civic

2002 mustang

1966 Chevy truck swb

Edited by Kaleb

'70 GTO Judge RA IV with a 4-speed (Orbit Orange of course!). Love the lines and power.

'73 Trans Am 455SD. Again, love the lines and power.

'70 or '71 Cuda for the wife. Engine doesn't matter to her. We both like the looks too.

Newest Jeep Rubicon 4x4. Not bad to have in the winter around Wisconsin.

Newest 1500 or 2500 4x4 Ram P/U for hauling/towing.

Current rides:

'07 Hyundai Sonata SE

'04 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab SXT 4x4 (my dads truck...RIP dad)

'12 Yamaha Zuma 50F (scooter aka: a gas sipper...134 mpg)

Edited by The70judgeman

1) '73 Pontiac Astre GT hatchback- great looking car, and the early Pontiac H-body GT hatch just appeals to me:

1973_Pontiac_Astre_GT_m.jpg

2) '05 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - daily diver, all around fantastic car, with plenty of power to test my limits. :D

3) '78 AMC Gremlin GT- I like AMCs and disco paint schmes:

6058090446_aa79dfe1e9_z.jpg

4) '77 Chevette Sandpiper...4-speed, please. ;)

77SandpiperJM.jpg

5) '70 Javelin SST in T/A paint scheme:

amc_javelin_sst_trans-am_rs.jpg

1: Hemi Cuda Rag

2: 60's Ferarri GTO

3:New Mercedes SL

4: New Audi Estate

5: New GMC 2500HD

Currently: 2000 Cavaler SS, 1973 special construction shovelhead, [inheriting: 1936 Knuckle, I already consider it mine]

Side note: You guys spelling "Dooley"... It's Dually, not Dooley like the guy who was in the movie "Blow"...

Edited by Dragline

Well, I already have a Pentastar equipped Chrysler 200 and 4.0l Jeep Cherokee

20120407_165949.jpg

Wouldn't mind another Lebaron GTS, maybe something like this, but with an SRT4 engine and 6 speed auto like the one in my 200

33846d1270243525-1989-chrysler-lebaron-g

'87 Shelby Lancer (only year for a Shelby Built Lancer)

1987-Shelby-Lancer-feature1.jpg1.jpg

'88 or '89 Dodge Lancer Shelby (Shelby in name only) but an Elenore inspired build, also SRT4 motored.

lcrshl04.jpg

Chrysler 200 Limited Hardtop Convertible, also Pentastart powered

Lexington-Chrysler-600x313.png

But bagged, shaved handles and 200 badging on decklid, and painted Chrysler's Black Crystal Clear Coat (metallic black with silver, red, and blue flake in it), I'd leave the stock wheels though, I do like how those look!

Chevy Beauville van

chevy_01.jpg

but more of a mild drop with 17f/18r truck Rally wheel clones, 6.0l LS motor with 4L80E trans, and in all black and chrome......oh, and without the visor, deflector, and running boards on this one.

My tastes lean more towards the more common stuff as I have no real love or feelings for exotics or imports - period. I love American iron, so my wishes would be in this order:

1957 Fairlane 2 door HT - MUST be red and white with matching interior

1967 Fairlane 500 - 2 door HT - just a Fairlane 500 w/bench seat and small block and AT

1963 Pontiac Parisienne 2 door HT in powder blue w/blue interior - small block, AT with full power

1959 Pontiac Parisienne 2 dr HT

1967 Cougar 6.5 Litre

I am blessed to either have every other car that I have ever really wanted including my first choices in order - 1959 Impala convertible, '59 El Camino, 1959 Impala sport coupe, 1959 Chevy station wagon and 1959 Ford 2 dr HT Club Victoria with the wrap around rear glass ( not too crazy about the more common galaxie with it's Thunderbird roofline ).

Edited by impcon

1.) 2003 silver birch Mercury Marauder (I already owned one and never should have sold it)

2.) Any SSJ Duesenberg, I would be happy no matter the color.

3.) 2004 Lincoln Towncar, last of the real Towncars before Lincoln decontented them.

4.) 2012 Toyota 4Runner for the wife and kids.

5.) Chrysler Airflow coupe.

That's should do it for the next fifty years of my life.

Hmm...

An LT-1 Roadmaster or Caprice wagon in better shape than the one I have now (or just to get the '94 I'm driving cleaned up and looking good and running exactly as it should be again).

Assuming I keep what I have now and I get five more options...

A 2010-11 Lincoln Town Car

A step-down Hudson

A Forward Look Chrysler product

A Studebaker Starliner

A Chevy Silverado ExtendCab 4x4 in nice trim, equipped for towing so that even thought I got some toys for free, I can still go get more and tow the Airstream. Our local dealer had one in a pretty metallic red with the cashmere leather interior. That'll do nicely.

Charlie Larkin

1. '62 Chevrolet Bel Air Bubbletop with 409 and Manual transmission. Dogdish hubcaps and steelies with very high profile tires. One of the most beautiful cars ever made.

bubble700-2.jpg

2. '60 Chevrolet Impala HardTop with 348 W-Block and TriPower. My dad has one, with 283 SBC and Powerglide though, but it's very nice car and I'd like to have one with the W-Block. It would be with same kind of tires and wheels as the '62 Bubbletop.

_img900.jpg

3. '63 Chevrolet Impala Z-11 Stocker with 427 Mystery Motor and Manual transmission. It would be my Race Car here, one of the nicest cars ever made, too.

sucp_0707_01_z+1963_z11_impala+front_rig

4. '71 Buick GSX Stage One with 455 Big Block. Yellow paint of course. I guess this is pretty clear choice, maybe nicest Buick ever produced.

buick-gsx-stage_top-muscle-cars.jpg

5. '79 Jeep Wagoneer. This would be a car for the Winter here in Finland.

7472809820_fd6dae82a3_z.jpg

...And currently I'm just waiting for the Driver's License age, but meanwhile I'm driving a '80 Tunturi Trial.

my list >> it said when you can choose and well we dont have a lot of old fords here and i love them , i could live my dream

i could easely name cool musscle cars or other dream cars but for me the real rods are out of reach here in holland ..

so here is my dream list

1....1932 ford pickup hotrod , a bit jimmy shine style so not exactly like that but the style and stance

jimmy_shine_34_pickup.jpg

2....1932 ford coupe hotrod (can be either a 3 or 5 window) just an example >

0808rc_15_z+1932_ford_coupe+.jpg

3....1932 ford roadster hotrod

hot+rod+roadster-1932-ford-roadster-hotr

4....1932 ford tudor hotrod

6339419739_1b7e75ebde_z.jpg

5....a cool woody with modern engine / drivetrain (v8) and suspension to haul stuf and go away as a family on longer distance

ford%20woody%20wagon.jpg

Edited by crazyrichard