Model Cars Magazine Forum

amt 55 chevy cameo

This is one of my favorite kits and I've built a few... see my avatar! Since you are going curbside you may not care, but for the record...

nnltruck_chassis_close-vi.jpg

Here's the one short coming on this kit. The bottom of the interior tub shows from below where it's glued to the chassis. It has a huge gap on three sides and you can see up into the bottoms of the doors. On this one, I made a flat floor that fills the entire void and then added the step downs. It's just a few pieces of Evergreen sheet plastic, and well worth the results.

This is one of my favorite kits and I've built a few... see my avatar! Since you are going curbside you may not care, but for the record...

nnltruck_chassis_close-vi.jpg

Here's the one short coming on this kit. The bottom of the interior tub shows from below where it's glued to the chassis. It has a huge gap on three sides and you can see up into the bottoms of the doors. On this one, I made a flat floor that fills the entire void and then added the step downs. It's just a few pieces of Evergreen sheet plastic, and well worth the results.

nice solution! i did somewhat the same thing on a old glue bomb one that i am building a rat Rod Shop Truck out of. you fix looks simpler than what I did! lol!

someday I just might have to dig her out again and work on her.

That is a good solution to that problem. If you are going for an accurate to the 1:1 build, though, the door sill steps should only go the width of the door opening itself, with the area behind it being having a tapered peice the comes from the floor to the lower part of the cab corner. The top of that area is open inside the cab.

Thanks LB55 for that info- I modified two of these pickups like this using instructions that were printed back when the kit came out. That was in pre-internet days, so I didn't have the resources I do now. I'll get it right on future builds, I love that kit so I'm likely to do a few more. I do have a '58 or '59 resin body that ain't doin' nuthin'! LOL

DSC00355-vi.jpg