Model Cars Magazine Forum

1940 Ford Sedan Delivery Deluxe

I just finished her yesterday.
Had to do steal some parts from a Lindberg '40 Ford to finish the Delivery, as the kit was not complete when I got it, but it ended out ok I guess.
The AMT kit is NOT correct for a Delivery tough. The rear fenders are different from the ones on the passenger cars that were included in the kit. The Sedan delivery fenders are thinner at the rear ends, plus the correct taillight on the Sedan delivery sits on a pole bolted to the body, and it doubles as a licence plate holder. In place of that, the kit has the usual '40 Ford car taillights, and no pole to put the licence plate on. To remedy that, instead of rebuilding the fenders, I went the easy way, and got a licence plate holder from a '55 Ford panel van and glued it to the cargo door of the '40. I think it looks even nicer this way, with passenger car taillights and the licence plate on the rear door.

I was going to finish her with blackwall tires, as it was a rare sight a sedan delivery with whitewalls back in the day, but at the very end, I couldn't resist. I confess, I'm a whitewall addict :lol:

The paints used were Tamiya TS-11 Maroon for the body, and Testors acrylics for all the rest.

Thanks for looking!!

SedanDelivery3.jpg

SedanDelivery2.jpg

SedanDelivery11.jpg

SedanDelivery13.jpg

SedanDelivery15.jpg

SedanDelivery16.jpg

SedanDelivery9.jpg

Guest G Holding

So Sweet Tulio !Though it looks like a bit of static cling is sticking fibres to that shine..find a "bounce" fabric softener sheet and lightly drag a corner across the paint w/o ANY WEIGHT on it (no scratching) and that will take most of the static away from it!

Are those Mustang tailights?

First I would like to thank everybody for the kind comments on my gluebomb. Thanks a lot!!!

So Sweet Tulio !Though it looks like a bit of static cling is sticking fibres to that shine..find a "bounce" fabric softener sheet and lightly drag a corner across the paint w/o ANY WEIGHT on it (no scratching) and that will take most of the static away from it!

Are those Mustang tailights?

Greg, the taillights are stock 1940 Ford. They are not correct for a 1940 SEDAN DELIVERY, but are correct for a '40 Ford Deluxe passenger car, and are what AMT put in the box. The only parts that are not original to the kit are the rear licence plate moldure with light, that are from a Monogram '55 Ford panel van, the trim rings on the wheels, headlights, hubcaps and aerial, that are from a Lindberg '40 Ford because they were missing from this kit when I got it, but the Lindberg parts were direct replacements to the AMT originals.

Having just started one of these myself, it's great to see such a nicely done stocker as inspiration. First rate all the way! :)B)

But shouldn't this be under "Pickups, Vans, SUVs, Light Commercial: Under Glass" (where unfortunately it would go largely ignored by many members...)? Either way, thanx for sharing!