Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Builds For 2012.

W-409

Here is a Thread about my Finished builds for 2012. Looks like I can't get the Gumball Camaro finished since there's too much bodywork to get completed on time.

There are 11 builds in Total, if I count right.

1st was the VW 1300, built for GrandFather as a Birthday Gift. Box Stock except of Finnish License Plates.

P3240334.jpg
P3240335.jpg

The 2nd build was the Austin Mini built for another GrandFather as a Birthday Gift. Pretty much Box Stock except for plug wires and I drilled those wheel-holes open and changed Finnish License plates.

P3300059.jpg

P3300054.jpg

The 3rd one was F/Stock Nova Drag Racer. A lot of modifications were done to get it as realistic NHRA Stocker which could run good times in the Strip. It may look Box Stock, but it is not. :D

P4180116.jpg

P4180121.jpgP4180110.jpg

The 4th build was very fast and simple after that Nova. It has Bugatti body and Chevy SmallBlock with many modifications and scratchbuilt parts. It was built in two or three or four days, can't remember correctly, but a fast build between more serious projects.

P5170056.jpg

Then I built Revell's Kenworth W900 which I bought from Daytona Beach, Florida. No special details on this one, but very fun build to complete. My first (But not the last) Truck build.

P4260239.jpg

P4260241.jpg

The 6th Finished build was Revell's Hemi Dart. Very nice kit, I added some details to it but no more special things. I wanted to build a car that could have raced on Nostalgia Events nowadays.

P9080378.jpg

P9080376.jpg

P9080387.jpg

After the Hemi Dart I built Slingshot Dragster from AMT Double Dragster kit. I tried to replicate the Old School look on this one, not my best quality builds, but I still like it very much. I added some details, polished the paint and other basic stuff.

P9080406.jpg

P9080412.jpg

Thanx, Bob! Here's some more. :lol:

The 8th build was '67 Impala SS from AMT kit. I changed the tires because kit's original tires were too small, and added some details. Other than that it's basic BoxStock build. Kit is great too, but watch the body-chassis fit very closely.

PA180500_zpsd6a85532.jpg

PA180503_zps4b35416a.jpg

PA180511_zps8c5ee6ad.jpg

The 9th build was Arnie Beswick's Packer Pontiac Super Stocker. Well it's not 100% finished, the hood is still in the paint booth, but I count it finished this year though. I added details to the kit, but otherwise it's box stock build.

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

Edited by W-409

After the Pontiac I decided to add a little more power for '59 Simca with Blown Hemi and other parts from Revell Miss Deal Studebaker kit. Tons of modifications were done with the interior, engine and chassis, and it was very fun build.

24_zps49e80ab7.jpg

210_zps6ab83f3d.jpg

211_zps4dcd0f80.jpg

22_zps6df52687.jpg

26_zpsba7ea781.jpg

And the last one was '57 Chrysler 300C for Cannonball Rally. Suprisingly, it took the third place on that Race! Thanks for everyone who voted this one! It's built from AMT kit with little modifications to make it look a bit like old Stock Cars with steelies.

PB300247.jpg

PB300248.jpg

PB300261.jpg

PB300252.jpg

Thanks for Looking in and comments are of course welcomed & Appreciated.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Engine bay detailing is maybe one of my favorite things in Model Building. Well not always, I don't really like scratchbuilding fittings for fuel lines (see the Chi Town Huslter on Drag-Section). :D

I should get a bunch of projects done early 2013, I have '71 Cuda Pro Stock, '53 Hudson, '64 Belvedere and the Chi Town Hustler planned for early 2013. And more to come.

I'm glad you posted the rest of your builds ! I guess I jumped in before you were finished and I was wondering where the rest were . I remember seeing them before and they are great models . Actually , I use yours as examples of how to detail an engine compartment ! Thanks and I'm looking forward to next year !

Yeah Thanks very much Bob, it took some time to find the pictures from my Photobuckets (I have two accounts, because the other one got stuck for year ago, and had to use another one for a while). I'd like to try using more photoetch and aftermarket parts on the engines, now I use only Battery cable connectors but nothing else. Maybe I should try adding more of those, it would make the engines bit better... Maybe. :D

I like to build all details from different kinds of Aftermarket wires, or regular electric wires and sheet aluminium. Hose clamps are BMF.