5101 W Oklahoma Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53219

Dates: January 20th
April 14th (ended up being cancelled)
November 3rd

Times each show: 10am-2pm

Admission each show: Adults $5.00
Children: ages 6-12 $2.00

Enter at the W Oklahoma Ave. main entrance.

Edited by The70judgeman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Plan on coming down. It will be my first time. Will be looking to maybe add some kits to the stash.

I see you're new to the forum, so welcome. I know there are a few guys that flat out won't go to the show because there's too much die-cast and a lot of junk, but just ignore it and walk on by. Well, just look at the title of the show...it's not ALL just models. There's still plenty of kits to be had. I've managed to spend a couple a hundred bucks there over a few shows. I'm not going to make this show, Jan 20, I need to save some money. So, hopefully you'll enjoy the show. Oh yeah, PM some of the guys that say they're going and maybe you can meet up with them at the show at least just to meet and say hi...put a face to a name.

I just might have to make a trip up to Beer Town in April. I haven't been to the show in years and despite some of the talk about die cast, I always managed to find some deals and even a couple of Holy Grails !

Do any of the resin guys make it to the show?

I was there at 10:00 am this morning. Actually a fairly large show. As Andy reports, maybe 5-10 % is plastic kits. If you collect die cast or Hot Wheels you'd be in heaven. But as the show was large enough there was a good smattering of sellers who had plastic kits. Didn't see anybody selling resin at this particular show. Attendance was very good. Very busy.

I did manage go home with several kits. There were a few sellers that had good prices and willing to deal. There were a number of sellers though that were really quite overpriced for a swap meet. The ones who were reasonable and friendly sorts got my business !

Glad I went. I will go again in the future.

Edited by Builder

I went home with a bunch of stuff, too, much more than in November, but I usually don't have any trouble finding kits and parts I want to buy there. I even got some free display cases from on vendor. I guess is you go often enough, buy things from and make conversation with the vendors you're bound to get free stuff eventually. :D

It's always interesting to see one vendor have a kit priced at $8.00, then another with the same kit priced at $30.00, or another vendor with a whole table full of the ex-Palmer Lindberg kits priced at $15.00 each. :huh: I did see a built up 1/12 Mako Trike there, and saw some good deals on JoHan kits (like a sealed '63 Olds Starfire for $40), too.

I thought the show was pretty good I left with 8 kits and a few odds and ends. But I agree with ya Casey that some of the pricing was pretty "interesting" to say the least. My favorite price anomaly was two vendors next to each other both with the same f150 model both were sealed one was $ 15 the other was $10 the models were about three feet away from each other.

I thought the show was pretty good I left with 8 kits and a few odds and ends. But I agree with ya Casey that some of the pricing was pretty "interesting" to say the least. My favorite price anomaly was two vendors next to each other both with the same f150 model both were sealed one was $ 15 the other was $10 the models were about three feet away from each other.

I have seen that at shows for some time and wonder why someone wouldn't walk the show before it opens and adjust their prices accordingly? I once mentioned to a guy at a swap meet that a model he had was available from another vendor for $5 less and would he match the price. He basically told me "NO!" and said if I wanted it for that price, I should go see the other vendor! The shame of it all is that I was looking at a few other kits he had and was going to try to do a "package deal" but after his pompous attitude, I decided that I could do without those kits as they weren't that rare!

When I set up a table, I am there to sell and go home with more cash and less models! I have seen some guys at the same shows with the same kits year after year and you just want to say to them "If you would price your kits properly, you would sell them" but I guess they don't look at the process the same way as I do.

• 1 month later...

Not too happy to see this show scheduled on the same day as the Milwaukee Miniature Motors show in Waukesha, the day after the Milwaukee NNL. I think I'm going to pass on this one and head out to the 'sha Sunday.

Not too happy to see this show scheduled on the same day as the Milwaukee Miniature Motors show in Waukesha, the day after the Milwaukee NNL. I think I'm going to pass on this one and head out to the 'sha Sunday.

I just bumped it, because it's coming up next month. I'll probably skip it too and just try to make it to the NNL show instead. Don't know if I'll display anything though.

I just bumped it, because it's coming up next month. I'll probably skip it too and just try to make it to the NNL show instead. Don't know if I'll display anything though.

There will be plenty of room for your models Andy, so jump in and display some of your builds. Who knows, maybe one of them will end up on the pages of the "other" mag?

• 7 months later...

I'll be there, and at the Model Empire Open House the first Sunday in December.

Probably won't make the Model Empire sale either. So, we'll have to figure out another time to meet up. I need to find 1 good paying job or 2 crappy paying jobs I can live with...1 full time and 1 part time. The one I have now has odd second shift hours and doesn't really afford the regular times to get a second job.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not really a show, but more of a swap meet/selling type event.

The main show in the Milwaukee area is the Milwaukee NNL in April, so finish a few more and bring 'em then. :) The AMG (Automotive Modelers Group) usually has a display at the December swap meet at the Waukesha Expo Center, and there are various other small shows in the area (World of Wheels in Feb, too), but the Serb Hall events are more a place to buy.

Only a few more days 'til the Serb Hall event. ^_^

Well Casey...I guessing the show was pretty much as it usually is, but did you score some deals or.....? I know you always find something. Or, anyone else that went? I keep checking the "What I Got Today" thread. @Casey- Even though I didn't go to the show, I should have met you there in the parking lot for the parts trade and save us both the postage.

Hopefully I'll make it to the January show.

Edited by The70judgeman