Model Cars Magazine Forum

what size braided lines

what size braided lines would I use for fuel lines from the fuel cell to the pump on a pro mod engine. What size fuel lines would I use going to the intake?? Also, what size fittings would be used with those lines and would they be regular or compression, or would you put the two fittings together??

post-10849-0-10235300-1355925245_thumb.j

Edited by HNTR

Probably AN -8 or larger. Everything fuel in that photo up to the barrel valve appears to be -8. A -8 AN line is approximately 1/2" ID. From the barrel valve to the nozzles appears to be -6.

Available Hose Sizes -2 -3 -4 -5 -6 -8 -10 -12 -16 -20 Hose Size is the measurement of the Inner Diameter of the hose measured in units of 1/16th of an inch. Examples: a -2 hose has an I.D. of 1/8" [306 only] a -3 hose has an I.D. of 3/16" a -4 hose has an I.D. of 1/4" a -5 hose has an I.D. of 5/16" a -6 hose has an I.D. of 3/8" a -8 hose has an I.D. of 1/2" a -10 hose has an I.D. of 5/8" a -12 hose has an I.D. of 3/4" a -16 hose has an I.D. of 1" a -20 hose has an I.D. of 1 1/4"

Aircraft-style braided hose uses specific fittings that match the hose being used. You use AN-8 fittings with AN-8 hose. The couplings are not standard 'compression' style; they have a specific 37degree flare and MUST be used with matched components.

You can get 1:1 outside dimensions for the fittings from sites like Earl's Supply, Aeroquip, or Russell's. Or you can buy some of the excellent aftermarket ones, in scale.