Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fordrarri, an exercise in absurdity

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have not been building much in the last year or two, new job and busy with the kids etc... I had recently been obsessing on the notion of routing a 1/32 wood slot car track to keep busey with, but that will have to wait till I get my year end bonus as slots seem to be an expensive distraction... So to take my mind of of that I figured I would revive some shelved 1/24 projects I had going a while back. I am currently working on two older kit bash's I have, a Audi Quattro coupe(1983) with R8 midship engine, and this...

6E9BB14B-6990-4088-9E2C-6125601A9A00-407

97BA15F1-54F6-4283-8EE1-BA74A28DE42D-407

Posted · Report post

LOVE IT! ABSURD OR NOT IT'S COOL. :lol::lol:

Posted · Report post

THAT is absurdly COOL!!

Posted · Report post

Thanks guys, some details are in order probably. Body is from the Lindburg issue of the 34 ford, yellow plastic version. The bed is most probably from the 29 ford "rat rod" by revell with the tail gate from the 34pu. The engine is from Revell AG's release of the Ferrari 250 gto, as well as the bucket seats and gated shifter. The frame is 90% scratch, utilizing only the front cross member of a 32 revell kit so the 32 suspension would slot in with minimal effort. I think the wheels came from the 29 ford pu as well, but i pulled them from a parts bin so it is a remote possibility they had other origins...