Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gauging interest - A lousy kit CBP

Jantrix

We've had several threads about the various bad kits that are out there and lets face it we all have at least one in our stash.

How about a CBP based upon taking the proverbial sows ear and turning into a cool model? I have a AMT '67 GTO and a Revell IMSA Camaro that are spectacularly bad, and I've been itching to do something cool with them.

Interested??

The rules would be as follows

1. Start January 1, 2013 and end December 31, 2013.

2. It's got to be based upon a really lousy kit, which as we know is open to opinion, but no one is gonna call you on it. If you say it's lousy, that's good enough for me. It's all for fun after all. And hey, rebuilding a really nasty glue-bomb would also fit the spirit of this CBP.

3. We may have a popular vote for the best build at the end.

4. That's about it. Anything goes. Any style, genre or scale.

So who's in?

Note: this thread is for gauging interest only. So don't go posting up pics of your planned build yet. If we have enough people interested, I'll close this thread and start another shortly before the new year.

Interesting idea. I am sure I could find an awful kit. If somebody can make this into something cool, I would vote for it:

I get sick just looking at that kit.

That's my ALL TIME favorite kit! Seriously! I got a TON of them. Wait ...here I'll show you...

Sorry these are old pics..

100_0477.jpg

100_0475.jpg

100_0474.jpg

MVC-059F.jpg

MVC-053F.jpg

LilRed3.jpg

And yes I have MANY, MANY,MANY...MORE!! (Lost your lunch yet?!) BWAH, BWAH.. BWAH HAHHAHAHAH!!!!

Ohhh ...

one more (a project)...

104_3184.jpg

MVC-042F.jpg

Oops thats two silly me! Mery Christmas! Hope you Loose your lunch!!

If not I can Keep posting them there are like a dozen or so more!! (+)

Ohh and I almost forgot....

my LOOOOONG term project...

100_0353.jpg

100_0354.jpg

MMMM it's like Jack Daniels and Deviled eggs isn't it? Yummmm!!

Edited by Abell82

Have picked out a couple kit's.Will post pics and details in the official thread/topic.

12 months is way too long for me to work on 1 build (generally I can complete a build within 1 to 2 months).

So if its ok Rob, id like to build 2

Edited by Cool Hand

Whatever trips your trigger Luke. I made it a year because work, weather, and our lives in general get in the way of building a lot of the time. Look at the Cannonball CBP. 20+ people signed on to start in Feb. but only seven people completed their model in 10 months. Since this is just for fun, an open time frame seemed the best idea.

I have one of those Monogram Camaros on the bench, too. The body just doesn't look right, but I think it can be turned into nice model.

P5280326.jpg

Haven't figured out yet, what should I build for this CBP. I'll look what I have on my stash.

MMMMM Jack and some deviled eggs bring it . i got the rest of the fixings for Lynchburg lemonade so :D

i was really diggin those posts some nice work. i went thru a few dozen growing up also . have one to finish was looking good . and this one gives me an idea.... for this cbp.

Michael

Just rolling along the asphault drive