Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Rambler American Finished - For a Friend.

Ramfins59

Hello all. I finally finished this project for a friend. For those of you who may not have looked in on the WIP thread...... A friend who I graduated from High School with waaaaayyy back in 1965 has a 1:1 1965 Rambler American that he wanted to have a model of to display with his car at Car Shows and Cruise Nights. He got a Rambler Promo from EBAY along with some resin wheels that closely match those on his car, along with replacement grille and bumpers from The Modelhaus (my recommendation), and a can of paint to match the color of his car (Corral Cordovan). I offered to build the model for him as he hasn't built a model since we were back in high school. He shipped everything to me and I started work on it on November 27th. Since it was only a Curbside build, I was able to finish it up in a record (for me) of 15 days at about 5 hours per day, or a total of about 75 hours. It was a totally fun project for me in trying to get all the details right that I could, working from pictures of his car that he also sent to me.

Here's a picture of his car......

MIKEEDWARDS65RAMBLER.jpg

And here are pictures of the finished model......

FINISHEDMODELFRONT1024x682_zps72751458.j

FINISHEDMODELRIGHTSIDE_zps8ab13d48.jpg

FINISHEDMODELREAR1024x712_zps96005a9a.jp

FINISHEDMODELTHREEQUARTERFRONT1024x729_z

FINISHEDMODELTHREEQUARTERREAR1024x763_zp

FINISHEDMODELCLOSEUPLEFT1024x656_zpsb75d

FINISHEDMODELCLOSEUPRIGHT1024x668_zps900

FINISHEDMODELCLOSEUPINTERIOR1024x667_zps

I thank you all for looking in on this and welcome any and all comments.

Richard, You hit the nail right square on the head on this one. Gathering all the right parts was a chore in it's self, I love these type of builds where you are duplicating a real vehicle, weather it is yours or a friend's. I'm sure your friend is happy and proud. Nice work. Now I need to get off my tail and finish the '58 Impala I started for a friend about 15 years ago. :lol:

Derrick, Ronald, Charlie, Jeff, Geoff and Ron, I thank you all so very much for your kind words and compliments. I emailed pictures of the finished model to my friend in NY and he was ecstatic... He can't wait to drive out here to western PA to pick it up some time in January, depending of course on how the weather will be here then. I really had fun working on this build and it was worth sweating all the little details on it to see the finished product.

Great job Rich! Outstanding replica. Looks really nice and very good detail work.

I'm sure your friend will be very proud to show his 1/25 scale car off as much as his 1:1.

Very cool of you to build this for your friend, very cool! B)

Thanks for sharing the build up with us.

Roy the Ford guy

Thank you Bill, Roy, Tom and Bruce. I appreciate your encouraging comments. My friend had sent me about a dozen photos of all around his car, inside and out and it was sometimes a challenge to replicate things, especially in the interior. I enjoyed doing it though as there's nothing like a challenge. Plus I think we always want to do better on a build that is for a friend than we sometimes do on our own builds.

Glad you enjoyed the "ride" Tom and best wishes for a good holiday to you too buddy.

Now that this build is done I can get back to "my own" projects. Thanks again everyone..