Model Cars Magazine Forum

RIP Chuck Granger

ChuckGranger-vi.jpg

Over the years, many of you may have seen the work of Chuck Granger, a street rod afficionado and gasser expert. He has posted here in the past, and many of his models appear in the Contest pages of Moonlightmodelers.com. His models have been seen at area shows where he won many awards, at GSL, and in major magazines, most recently in the Feb 2012 issue of Model Cars Magazine.

We're deeply saddened by Chuck's sudden and untimely passing Wednesday, December 19, 2012. He was 63. He suffered an aneurysm and massive stroke at home. He was an active member of Moonlight Modelers (of Phoenix) since 1995. He will be missed.

Chuck is survived by his loving wife, Kathy, two daughters, and four grandchildren.

Memorial Services will be held Saturday, December 22, 2012, at 3:00 PM, at A Wise Choice Desert View Chapel, 9702 E. Apache Trail, Mesa, AZ 85207.

Edited by Danno

I will miss seeing Chuck at the meetings, or running into him at Hobbytown. He was a good person and excellent modeler, it is a little devasting for me that he is gone, and I cant Imagine what Cathy his wife is going thru.She is every bit as nice as chuck was. I am posting a link to the Moonlight modelers club ther you can look thru the monthly pictures and see just the kind of models Chuck built. http://www.moonlightmodelers.com/index.html

This was Taken in early November 2012 http://public.fotki.com/Gabriel12/car-events/nov-9-2012/dscn0294.html

Edited by my80malibu

I thought about doing this thread Dan, but I figured it would be better if you did it.

I really did not know Chuck all that well, only being a part of the club for 11 months , but I am very sadden that he is gone, and my heart goes out to his wife Cathy, I remember the last thing I said to Chuck was , I thank him for they great job the did for the Dec meeting, and I will see you next month as we were walking out. They served us a great Christmas dinner

My thoughts and prayers are with Cathy and the rest of his family, and I know that all the members of both MoonLight and Cactus model clubs are going to be there for her if she needs anything.

Chuck is in a better place now, he is now at the fully stocked model bench in the sky, were you never run out of kits or supplies, and you get a perfect paint job everytime

Edited by martinfan5