Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looks like I have to work tomorrow

my boss had a good explation for this whole confusion

he actually is brazilian and he knows this lady who is mayan

well, her mothers mother spoke mayan and she had explained to her how the mayan word for "world" is very similair to the mayan world for "twinkie"

well, over the years the prohpecy has been copied so many times that "twinkie" got accidentilly turned into "world"

they never prophecied the end of the world

they prophecied the end of the twinkie

and...they were right

You have to remember ... the guys who made the calendar were Mayan government workers. Back about 250 BC, when they got the calendar done all the way to 2012 they decided to not bother going any longer and kicked back. They rationalized, "Hey, 2000 years from now, who's gonna care?"

B)

Between the shootings in Connecticut and the end of the world silliness, there were enough panicked kids so the City decided to post a cop at each school- sometimes presence can be calming.

When, at the end of the day nothing had happened, we ended up walking out at about the same time.

Me: Well, no Earth-consuming fireball and no wackos coming to shoot up the place. Could've been worse.

Him: Yep, today goes in the plus column.

I did, however, hear mumbling about the vocational high school being evacuated due to a bomb threat or something, but haven't been able to confirm this as of yet.

Charlie Larkin