Model Cars Magazine Forum

Why on Earth did you get me that

have you ever recieved a gift and think why??????

well i got this jewel last night at a Christmas party

7EDB91E6-98C7-480E-A163-999E5D3D6278-104

ok. i have one remote and no coffee table or side tabel.

think gary think. how can you use this future regift?

21A1171F-F7A7-4778-86E3-2A71F0CE29FF-104

BAM!!!!!!!! i could have used that all along.

now your job is to one up me and tell us a way to reuse that gift you got that is just wrong for you.

Edited by lanesteele240

A little off topic, well sort of on topic, I have a very strong feeling I am getting a compressor for Christmas, but at this point, I think it would be a waste of money, I am better off using rattle cans

But, that is a pretty cool work bench organizer, I might have to get that for myself :lol:

Here's my plexer: I've made no secret of my passion for all things 'automotive'. I have a ’40 Dodge pickup street rod in the garage, my den is a shrine to automobiles, I built a separate workshop in my garage just to build models, yet every year I hear my wife and family lament how "difficult" I am to shop for! So I get things like coffee mugs with snow men on them, flannel shirts, (I hate flannel), goofy novelty gifts, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love my family and honestly am not lacking for anything, but, for Pete sakes, if you're gonna get me something, just do a quick 180 from anywhere in our house, it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out what trips my trigger. (And yes, I've told them this, but they claim that it's "not very exciting", we just want to get you something different.") Advice to family: Let it go, I'm not developing an interest in theatre, stamp-collecting, or anything else 'mind-expanding'. In the words of that immortal celluloid character, 'Popeye', "I yam what I yam, and that's all that I yam."

Rant complete.

Edited by Qwit Pushin

I just got one of these for my neighbor!

Seriously! LOL His coffee table is always trashed, four remotes, phone, pens, pencils, note pads, etc....... He needed it! I thought it was the perfect gift! I di dn't know what else to get him, he's not a car guy. He's a golfing guy, you can only get him golf balls so many years in a row before it gets boring. :wacko:

My family always says I'm hard to buy for. I'm a modeler! Buy me a model! They say they don't know which model to buy me. Who cares! If I have one already, I'll paint this one a different color, or Pro Street this one! It doesn't matter if I have five of them, I'll be happier with six! :D

Roy the Ford guy

i went one step further. i put every model i could want on my wish list on ebay. since my wife and i share the account i figured she may get the drift. i got the whole i cant find anything for you. ermmmm. i then dropped the whish list hint. so far no boxes shaped like models. out side of models i have 4 teams i pull for, i collect ho trains and anything to do with datsuns. she cant figure out what to get. really.

Anything beats the soap on a rope gift..... :lol:

Unless you actually need it . but you are right don't want that .

My family Christmas was a lil miced up this year so with step kids here and having to be with others on the 25th

we had an exchange tonite and also tomorrow . My five year old daughter just could wait for me to open her gift to me . the revell street burner 67 chevelle . i think that makes 6 maybe 7 including the caminos and long roofs in the stash . this one will be special cause she was not afraid to tell me what she and the grandparents got me :lol: .

BUt soap on a rope too funny i think i got that once when i was 10 yrs old

Michael

I'd rather not get models as gifts. In my past when friends or relatives bought me a model, they'd tend to think 'bigger is better' and I got 1/8 scale stuff... "I got ya a really big one, think you can put this one together?" (Like it's a friggin puzzle or something!)

I buy all my new kits from within the hobby at a steep discount over retail so I don't want people paying full hobby store price for them for me! In our family we don't exchange gifts with my wife or my siblings or other family. If my wife gets me anything, it's usually clothes I would've needed to get anyway.

My family used to do me the same way, not knowing what to get me. The solution has been gift cards and certificates !! For hobby stores and for restaurants !! Can't go wrong there. I can use them for any models or supplies that make me tingle, and then go fill up my belly !! Makes me a happy camper everytime !! :rolleyes: