Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell T-Bucket

Ramcharger

This is the old Revell Rat Rod T-Bucket Kit (now reissued as the original Roth Tweedy Pie), I scratchbuilt the gas tank on the back, added a Detail Master aluminum gas cap, the throttle linkage was made out of a soda can and beading wire, the ruby red fuel lines (like back in the day) are fishing line colored with Sharpie, the fuel log is a section of octagonal rod, some soda can was used for the hold downs. The draglink and tie rod is made from stainless steel tubing and the kit ends. There's an aluminum Detail Master magneto hidden in there also. The motor is from the 53 Ford with resin Dodge "Red Ram" valve covers, the exhaust manifolds are from an unknown kit with aluminum turnouts and flanges made from a soda can. I used the Dragmaster manifold with the 8 Strombergs that I drilled out and added venturis to. I cut down the stock windshield frame, added a PBR logo to the tap handle shifter, and flocked the interior. The wheels and whitewalls are weathered as are the headers. The hardest part of this kit is getting all of the sink marks and ejector pin marks out of the chassis. All of the chrome is Alclad aircraft aluminum and the paint is Wal~mart flat black. Overall, I'd say it was a fun build, I think it came out O.K. Comments and criticisms welcome.

Here's the photos:

TBucket001_zpsb4ab9946.jpg

TBucket002_zps3882f1d7.jpg

TBucket003_zps67bca955.jpg

TBucket004_zps6b526f97.jpg

TBucket005_zpsab6af397.jpg

TBucket007_zps2105bb58.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Thanks guys! I wanted it to look like a driver, not so much a rat rod. I've been working on weathering my builds a little to make them look more realistic and like they have been driven. As for the PBR shifter, it's the rodder's choice! Lots of us old hillbillies still drink it, Bud Light is a little to wimpy for us. To each his own I guess.