Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wheel Question

I'm new to this forum. I've visited it many times and was inspired and also amazed of the workmanship of models I've seen here. I just got back into model building after being away from it for over 40 years. My grandsons have become interested in it and I've enjoyed many a weekend working on model cars with them. My question is do most of you glue your wheels to the chassis so that don't rotate? I've seen a video by DR. Cranky using a jig to square up his wheels & tires to the frame which appeared to do just that.

I only glue the wheels on when it's a have to case. Otherwise, I let 'em roll. That's just the way I've always done it. There's no rule that says you have to glue them or you have to let them roll. It's just a personal preference.

Real simple Jacen. Put some glue on the axle/spindle, put the wheel/tire onto the glued parts. Take 4 Little Testors bottles (square ones) and put them up against the wheel/tire. I do this while the chassis, wheels/tires are sitting on a nice flat piece of glass. When I get that far on the next build, I'll try to remember to take a pic.