Information on.. SANKYO - MABUCHI Kit.

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Cheers to all....Anybody have any Information on this Sankyo Kit...Year...Value...History..ETC..

What i have is a SANKYO - MABUCHI "Classic Car Series" No.1 1/24 Autentic Scale (Motorized Kit) Subject is a 1937 CORD Model 812 "Sportman's Convertible Coupe" *** Great Subject ***

I Got this as a Gift X-Change....I never heard of a Sankyo Model Kit....So i searched this site...only 1 posting on such....Google the Sankyo Model Kit....no info there.....and good ole E-Bay..show 2 such Sankyo Kits....one for $185.00 and the other such as this is for $252.00...well given E-Bay and the way items are priced (at times) i wonder if this kit really is.....well Rare...one of those hard to find and what have-ya...

Any-way can anybody give me any information on this Wonderful kit i got as a gift..

The kit is has been opened.....all the parts are Sealed.....has the Little Motor :)..

What caught my attention...is that the Box Art...with all the Japanese lettering.....and Yet in the bottom right corner shows the USA - American Flag Cool..

I know Post a Pic.....Well at my age...and computers....well to make a long story short i can never figure it out here on this Model Car Forum...But will Some Day..

Hey Cheers & Happy Holidays to all...who make this place what it is...

Don....

Posted · Report post

That's pretty rare. A lot of those kits don't build such a great model but they have high collector value - especially in Japan. I am no expert on that kit, but searching other eBay sites (outside US), the kit is listed for quite a bit and has sold for $60 and up. Cool piece that I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures.

Posted · Report post

It is essentially a direct copy of the very nice Monogram '37 Cord Convertible Phaeton, the difference in the body being that the Sankyo kit is for the 2-place Cord Convertible Coupe, a 20-place convertible.

Art