Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Cannonball Run CBP

Nick Winter

Well...I`m gonna call myself out on this one guys. With the lack of build skills most of you are showing I was a shoe in to win as well :P .

Seriously though. I hate to commit myself to something and not see it through to the end but I was in a pretty serious motorcycle crash a few months ago that has left me tired and beat up. I havent even started on my truck yet and I just dont have the energy or inclination to do so anytime soon.

There are some very cool builds going on in here and Im still tuning in regularily and like what Im seeing. Good luck to all of you, its gonna be a cool looking finish line.

Nice body work on the Camaro, the smiley is also very clever. If you would like an outside opinion on tires I'd say the wide walls. I think they would work better with the wide body of the car. But either set would look just fine, great work so far.

i second this opinion :)

Well...I`m gonna call myself out on this one guys. With the lack of build skills most of you are showing I was a shoe in to win as well :P .

Seriously though. I hate to commit myself to something and not see it through to the end but I was in a pretty serious motorcycle crash a few months ago that has left me tired and beat up. I havent even started on my truck yet and I just dont have the energy or inclination to do so anytime soon.

There are some very cool builds going on in here and Im still tuning in regularily and like what Im seeing. Good luck to all of you, its gonna be a cool looking finish line.

Really sorry to hear that ARC. As a fellow rider (I ride dirt only though), I can defininetly relate to what you went through. Hopefully you recover quickly and can get back in the saddle soon!

Sorry to hear of your accident, hope you have a speedy recovery!

ARC . sorry to hear about the accident, heres to a speedy recovery. hope to at least see ya sitting at the finish line .

as for my build guys i am at a spot where i cannot decide on wheels for my Monte. Here is the chassis in the shop. and the second is a mock up of chassis and body

post-1780-0-31123400-1379896161_thumb.jp

post-1780-0-11854200-1379896296_thumb.jp

hopefully i can past this or i will blow something up lol

Michael

Had to sit and think it out a bit.

The Story; The Final Chapter..............

The Engine checked out when we had it apart, the Transmission needed a good service and some seals. I found the chrome pan under one of the Work benches, The valve covers got swapped out for a slightly taller set, The Air cleaner received a spare decal that was in my desk drawer, the HP rating on the decal is a bit modest for this car. The interior is a used interior we found online, the guy was going back to factory with his car, someone had redone an interior in black, that works for us, after a cleaning, it looks good. The air freshener is to knock a bit of the must down from the carpet. The trim polished out pretty well, the bumpers are used units and are nice 5 footers (they look perfect from 5 feet). Over all it performs well and we think we stand a good chance.

See you folks in NY B)

Oh BTW it turns out that it sorta does attract police attention............. :rolleyes: remind me to pay that ticket soon.

The Build

Well it's finished, and I'm happy, finished it Friday night, entered it in a contest Saturday, ended up winning 1st in Street Machines :huh: which I wasn't expecting.

GEDC0703_zps3e3a6676.jpg

GEDC0705_zpsfcc2bbbf.jpg

GEDC0706_zps066ee574.jpg

GEDC0708_zpsed2d60cb.jpg

GEDC0718_zps0255a16a.jpg

GEDC0711_zpse4495b06.jpg

GEDC0712_zpsb9b3dbb8.jpg

GEDC0731_zpsfe6fbbc9.jpg

GEDC0725_zpsfe918c30.jpg

GEDC0719_zps3ef8eb69.jpg

Nick

Edit: just noticed, the hood does close properly, I just didn't push it all the way closed after taking a picture of the engine I guess

Edited by Nick Winter

Very nice Nick looks wicked love the Cells in the trunk where are those from ??

slick but I know that BBc will suck those dry FAST

Michael

Thanks Michael, They are from the kit (Amt '57 Street Machine) it comes with all kinds of goodies (4 link rear suspension, welded 9 inch etc)

That BBC is like a modern 5.7 Hemi, it has active cylinder management LOL ..........................and if you believe that I have some swamp land.......