Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Cannonball Run CBP

Nick Winter

The Story:

On December 31st, Jack came home with the new toy which will be racing in Cannonball Rally 2013. It's '69 Ford Torino Talladega with 428 Cid engine and it's rust free, so the boys don't waste time on welding it. The co-driver Joe was still bit unsure about the car... It's a FORD! The boys had never built Ford engine. Jack told him that they could find a bunch of books how to rebuild Ford's engine and start doing that, last year they did the same with the Early Hemi in '57 Chrysler and they did it right: Chrysler finished 3rd place overall! Jack bought also a Blower, but they are still unsure to use it or not.

The Build:

Here's my basis for this project, Revell's '69 Ford Torino Talladega, still sealed. My plan so far is, that I don't have a plan. I just don't know what way this should go-maybe somekind of BlowerPower StreetMachine or then a bit Stock Car style racer... We'll see.

DSCN0174_zps77c480ec.jpg

Count me in with a 76 Gremlin. i have some VERY interesting ideas for it.

I like where this is going, I'm very interested. Goodluck buddy

One thing I can confirm though is that this year my celebrity co-driver/navigator will be Kari Byron and my support crew Adam, Jamie, Grant & Tori.

Well that explains why they just flat out ignored me... <_<

Man this contest hasn't officially started and this guy already has the edge. All I got to say is just watch them guys closely, they like using C4 alot. :lol:

Cannonball is all about finding Loop holes and ways around rules & problems :lol:

Nick

. Also ignoring reality. :D

Well gang we are off and running on our sixth(!) Cannonball CBP. I'm very happy to be part of such a dedicated and imaginative group of builders. I'd like to wish everyone a most excellent 2013 and the best of luck in your endeavors.

Having said that, lets get to it. :)

Edited by Jantrix

Hello All:

I have been looker for about a year or so now. I have picked up a lot of pointers and tips.

So I guess it's time for me to step outside and do something now.

So with that being said I would also like to get in on this one!

I am not sure what I will build but I will post pictures this weekend.

Edited by Mr.Bill

Well gang we are off and running on our sixth(!) Cannonball CBP. I'm very happy to be part of such a dedicated and imaginative group of builders. I'd like to wish everyone a most excellent 2013 and the best of luck in your endeavors.

Having said that, lets get to it. :)

Well Put Rob, I'm interested to see how this year's build will progress.