Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Cannonball Run CBP

Nick Winter

Update:

I painted those Speaker Grilles and that little Floor Mat with black from the interior. Then I installed the Roll Cage on place. I have not test fitted it yet with the Body, but I guess it will fit fine. The Seats were not that simple... I found some seats from my Parts Box, but they had horrible looking Headrests molded in. And I really mean Horrible! Well I cut them away and with some sanding I got the seats smoothed out for paint. Now they are on place.

I'm away for the weekend, so I can't get any Bench Time. I will be checking in for others' Updates, though.

DSCN7760.jpg

DSCN7761.jpg

And here is the painted Dashboard waiting for detailing.

DSCN7764.jpg

There's not a thing wrong with mixing Ford and Chevy it's done all the time with the 30's hot rods. The engine looks just fine sitting in there, the strips look nice on the ford, both cars look great.

Agreed, and I like the wheels on the '49 - are they from the Revell '67 Chevelle?

Nice work by the lot here. Will be a nice starting grid :)

I havent done much, but there will be sidepipes...

post-10605-0-11929800-1381302462_thumb.j

Still havent deceided on wheels. Have fitted the big crome ones, but have others that will fit also...Have too few to choose from :D Need more rims...

Well, unfortunately I don't think my F-40 is going to make the deadline. I just started college and am now only home on weekends, so I haven't even touched it in over 2 weeks. :( Maybe I will find some time, but it's not looking good right now. I guess I will just have to rely on the Viper to carry me to victory!

Last Week I got something done with the Torino Talladega.

The interior is pretty much done. I only need to add Shifter and some finishing touches. I made the seat belts from paper and after that I just put the interior together as usual. It was pretty simple and fitment was great. Then I did a little test fit with the Chassis, Interior, Body and Engine and I saw that some cutting is needed on the inner fenders. Now the engine - and Pro Charger fit to the engine bay and I already filled the Windshield Washer Bottle's place. Battery-Area needs to be filled before any Bondo-Work.

DSCN7775.jpg

DSCN7774.jpg

DSCN7772.jpg

DSCN7766.jpg

DSCN7768.jpg

DSCN7778.jpg

Awesome work Niko!

As for me I've got some interior work to show too. Starting with the door panels which are cover with heat and air tape, saw it in Harbor Freight and thought it'd look good for the interior.

It was a real pain in the rear to get those windows cranks out of the side panels.

Made the back side panels (made from sheet styrene)

I also made a fuel cell (out of cardboard.)

Post164_zpsaca09879.jpg

Post161_zps07e49a93.jpg

Post163_zps5915e326.jpg

Post171_zpsa0df8b72.jpg

Post176_zps83c37ee5.jpg

The Hot rod is stalled out until I come up with a color design for it, so nothing from that for the time being.

Nice work everyone!

Both of my car's are going along smoothly. Got the frame mostly done of the Super Bee and started painting it. A little teaser to the color is below.

I'm also making progress on the 41' as well I'm adding bucket seats to the rear and during fitting I also thought I make a large reseve oil pan, thought it might be good for the big blown Hemi running across country. It also fits againest the frame better. I also got some color on it too, straight black but it's got some really nice gold flakes. It's not noticable from a distance but as you get closer to it they just twinkle in the sun light.

Anyway that's all for now folks, keep up the great work everyone! :)

post-9791-0-13803200-1381715379_thumb.jp

post-9791-0-98754600-1381715392_thumb.jp

post-9791-0-22925400-1381715418_thumb.jp

post-9791-0-24327500-1381715563_thumb.jp

post-9791-0-64156600-1381715584_thumb.jp

post-9791-0-72692000-1381715604_thumb.jp

Guys, I'm going to officially throw in the towel here. I just have very little interest in the project right now and it's 100% attributed to the quality of the kit and the work it will take to get it to my satisfaction. I wish everyone luck and look forward to seeing the field on race day.