Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just another '57 Chevy...................

Nick Winter

.............Okay not really...................but sort of........................................................................................

Bought this bel air in the condition of the first four pictures below from a friend and member here Howard Cohen at the Ajax 32 show back in October. It was so Different I couldn't pass it up.

GEDC4007.jpg

GEDC4008.jpg

GEDC4009.jpg

GEDC4010.jpg

Shortened the axles, parts boxed the wheels, tires and wheel backs, parts boxed the engine, 427 BB from a Revell '68 Vette.

GEDC4013.jpg

GEDC4015.jpg

After some primer. Posing with my '57 150 TMP car

GEDC4017.jpg

GEDC4016.jpg

Nick

Thanks guys, The Toronto Metro car I built last year, won a second place last year at the show that I bought this kit at this year.

I use Duplicolor's Light Grey primer, always have.

as for the tires I tried every set of tires I own on this car, I had to compromise, these were the best I had, everything was either too small or too big, I even whacked a bit out of the springs and I still had the same problem.

Nick

nice paint job.

I was just thinking the same thing. I'm not sure if Matador Red/Onyx Black was factory or not (I'm seriously going to check), but that does look nice on that car.

I'll admit, I'm not too into the concept, but this is going to be a nice build when done.

Charlie Larkin

• 3 weeks later...

Had paint issues ended up stripping it, went with a slightly different black, it's called Nighthawk Black Pearl, it actually changes color between blue and black, and has a blue metal flake. Still need to polish it out. and BMF it (Why do I constantly build 50's Chrome Monsters)

GEDC4303.jpg

GEDC4304.jpg

GEDC4305.jpg

Nick

Now this will be different! A monster '57 Chevy has never entered my sick little mind, I'm gonna enjoy this one Nick!

ive seen one before my dad took the mpc? bronco monster truck chassis and put it under a 56 monogram belair. Thats back when his imagination worked. Now its just stock street or drag with scratch parts. He did use the amt 57 chevy's class of 57 decals on it. but his 57 is stock.

Edited by Platerpants