Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Nova SS -- finished 1-8-13

tjones87

I had planned on waiting till 2013 to start a new build, but was bored today, so went ahead and cracked open 2 kits. I will be building the new Revell 69 Nova SS kit, but will be installing the big block chevy from the 67 Chevelle Pro Street kit, instead of the little small block. I am also using the intake, carb, distributor and valve covers from a 70 1/2 Baldwin Motion Camaro pro shop kit. I go the engine built this evening...and will be doing more either this evening (12/24) or tomorrow evening. I plan on painting the Nova white with red interior...haven't seen many 1:1 cars with this combo...but you guys know how things tend to change lol..here is what i got so far...

this is also the first engine that I recall to have a separate fuel pump....was the hardest thing to attach lol

as always..comments and suggestions welcome

DSCN4562.jpg

DSCN4567.jpg.

Edited by tjones87

I had thought about some red Yenko stripes, but can't find any...so might just go with red stripes on hood and trunk lid....still unsure..will see what it looks like solid white first....I also deleted the vent window...gives it a factory custom look. Will get more pics as soon as possible...thanks again

I got a mock up of how the engine fits...I could almost use the flat hood, but cant lower engine anymore. So I will be using the cowl hood. In the pics the engine is a little crooked (had an engine mount slip on me...but is taken care of now....Also removed the vent window posts after pics were taken...Will probably use the lift blocks to raise rear end a little more than stock....but unsure....more to come soon...thanks and as always, comments and suggestions are welcome..

If anyone knows a good plce to get pics of a white w/ red interior nova..let me know...I cant seem to find any decent pics....

DSCN4569.jpg

DSCN4572.jpg

Will have to find me some black ones lol...Still debating on making it a Yenko clone or not. if I do then i want it to be darker red to match the interior...but...will see when i get farther along I guess...may just tape out my own design and paint it.....

not bad

if you have a set of black yenko stripes and you can scan them for me i might be able to hook you up with some red ones ;)

I do, I'll get tomorrow pm me your email address, I'll scan and send to you

the white ones are on a black back ground. I have black, white, red and orange ones,!

I would love to find someone who could print them in silver and gold...

Edited by outragis

Thanks for that...but i will need the camaro hood decals...since I am not using the flat ss hood with the louvers.....

I was hoping to use this type of decal along with the camaro hood decals...but still unsure if I'm going to clone it...

265431-1000-0.jpg

Edited by tjones87

hey Eric, the full sheet downloaded just fine but the file of the camaro hood is missing just a tiny little corner

nothing i couldnt fix but if you have a full scan that would be sweet :)

you know Tim...just because it has yenko looknig stripes doesnt mean it HAS to be a yenko ;)

NovaYenkoTIM.jpg

Edited by diymirage

I think I can just use the nova side decals and the camaro hood decal...but not 100% sure...they look to be the same thing...I know the hood decals are a little different, but mainly cause of the hood shapes...with me using the cowl hood on the nova...the camaro hood decals should fit fine

I think I can just use the nova side decals and the camaro hood decal...but not 100% sure...they look to be the same thing...I know the hood decals are a little different, but mainly cause of the hood shapes...with me using the cowl hood on the nova...the camaro hood decals should fit fine

That is what will work, camaro hood decal on Nova cowl hood

no worries man

ill darken it up a bit :)

hows this colour ?

yenkocamaro1red.jpg

Eric, what other decals you have one there ?

any cool mopar stuff ?

I have yenko Chevelle decals, rally nova decals, heavy Chevy decals,

tons of NASCAR, and building collection of drag racing and quarter panel sponsor decals the only Mopar I have are the Hemi full quarter decals for 71 cuda