Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Nova SS -- finished 1-8-13

tjones87

I am lacking the motivation to get on this build....lol...but I did manage to get some stuff done last night....Got the rear end assembled and painted as well as the chassis painted. Also got the interior painted, just need to assemble it. i will get some pics up in a little while...need to recharge my batteries for the camera...

finally able to get some pics of my slow progress.....will be assembling most of the kit tonight....

DSCN4604.jpg

DSCN4606.jpg

DSCN4605.jpg

DSCN4607.jpg

I also tried my hand at BMF'ing the window trim...got the front and rear done and that will be all lol...don't have the patience at the moment for it....it still looks good with nothing else foiled....will have more pics up as soon as more progress is made...thanks

the colour should be simple enough to match, its the scaling that will be tough because im basically making 2 different decals

on top of that, i dont have any 69 novas in my stash (only a 66) so that makes it tough to get the sizing perfect

iether way, ill get her done :)

Got the engine/trans mounted (this is usually my main problem in building a car) and it went in pretty good considering its not the original to the kit. Exhaust is painted and drying as well as the rear end assembly. Also got the interior assembled, except for dash (left it out for pics so you can see interior better...

I ran out of black paint for my airbrush...so had to paint the chassis the old way...with a brush lol....took longer..but doesn't look too bad.

DSCN4615.jpg

DSCN4617.jpg

DSCN4611.jpg

DSCN4612.jpg

DSCN4614.jpg

DSCN4613.jpg

Edited by tjones87

yeah I have rattle can flat black...but with the colder weather i cant spray outside..and no good ventilation inside to spray....but none the less...it looks better than I thought it would.

Just hit me up when you get the decals....I will get this thing built and assembled...wont need the decals until its complete anyways lol...thanks again

the colour should be simple enough to match, its the scaling that will be tough because im basically making 2 different decals

on top of that, i dont have any 69 novas in my stash (only a 66) so that makes it tough to get the sizing perfect

iether way, ill get her done :)

I can get some measurements of the hood if it would help....let me know

Got the interior assembled, rear end assembly (including traction bars), front/rear bumpers black washed in certain areas and chrome trim on hood. Also went over the Nova badges on fenders and rear with a red sharpie...should look really good with the red decals....I was hoping to get this one fully assembled tonight...but celebrated a littel too much and cant seem to concentrate on one piece at a time lol...lovely triple vision...anyways...here are a few pics to round up tonight...Will post more tomorrow evening....thanks

DSCN4618.jpg

DSCN4621.jpg

DSCN4622.jpg

DSCN4623.jpg

DSCN4624.jpg

yeah, that would be cool,

let me know how big the hood decal needs to be and how long the side decal from the very beginning to where it kicks up

i should be able to take it from there :)

Looks liek the side is approximately 6 1/2" from the middle of the front side marker light...unsure of how accurate this is, without original decals I am not positive on where it kicks up....

the hood measurements -- the scoop portion are approx 2 1/4" long x 7/8" wide

hope this helps ya out....let me know