Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Nova SS -- finished 1-8-13

tjones87

hey Tim, do you have acces to a printer ? i have the sides scaled about right but the hood just plain looks wrong if i could send you a file could you open it and print it on regular paper to make sure the sizes are right before i make the actual decals?

i really like how you painted the roofliner

(you gotta tell me what paint that is, it would look good on my pro street fastlane)

what i dont like though is that exhaust you put on...it looks way to restirctive

you got those big old headers going into what looks like 2 inch exhaust where you would want at least 3 inchers to keep the flow going

if it were my model, i would try to replace the section between the headers and the mufflers

but thats just my 2 cents

I have always hated seeing a nicely built kit and the headliner doesn't match the interior...I just taped off the windows and sprayed it with the same paint as the interior...had a little clean up along window edges, but good thing with this pain, it rubs right off with a little water....

It is just Opaque Red from CREATEX -- it is very easy to scratch and chip until its cleared...the interior didn't get cleared, mainly cause I like the look of it straight out of the airbrush.

Yeah the only thing I'm not fond of is the exhaust...but I have tried using what I have to make a new section of pipe, but it just looked way too big compared to the headers. It is just slipped in the headers lightly glued to the chassis, so it may get changed, if I can find something the right size...

---- got the wheels.tires mounted....hard to do square them up with the center caps sticking out past edge of tires lol...but they seem to be straight.

It is still being built...should be done with it in the early AM....I got the chassis completed (radiator/fan shroud installed) and also got all the glass and interior installed into the body...not just waiting for some of the glue to dry so i can join the chassis with body/interior...then get to put the little chrome pieces on. Thought about doing them before, but I know I would end up breaking them off...anyways..here are some shots of what I have so far....next pics should be in the Underglass section...hopefully (fingers crossed) lol...thanks

DSCN4655.jpg

DSCN4657.jpg

DSCN4658.jpg

DSCN4659.jpg

DSCN4660.jpg

DSCN4661.jpg

DSCN4662.jpg

Got the body/interior joined to the chassis finally....now on to the bumpers and small chrome pieces and it will be underglass....

I am not crazy about how this car sits, but after looking at others, they seem to all be this way...unless of course you jack the rear up...but this kit seems to go together quite well.

DSCN4681.jpg

DSCN4682.jpg

DSCN4683.jpg

DSCN4684.jpg

DSCN4685.jpg

DSCN4686.jpg

I am not sure what happened to the upper radiator hose...it was fine until I went to put it on...looks like someone has cut it off a bit short....hmmm..still trying to figure that one out lol...its not as noticeable in person..the flash from the camera makes it stick out like a sore thumb