Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 Cadillac Custom -- after a year she is done

tjones87

I started this last year, with hopes of it being a quick build...but turned out to a bit more than i could handle at the time. I finally got the chance to get it back out and finish it up. Installed the performance intake/carb setup on top of the factory 390, with a mild rebuild. There is a link to the WIP thread below....also there are a few pics of the car posted below...you can also check all of them out in my photo bucket album. Now there are a few little pieces that are missing...somehow they walked away while the car was in storage...but nothing that really takes away from the overall appearance...As always, comments and opinions are appreciated...thanks again

photobucket -- http://s903.photobucket.com/albums/ac235/buysaletrade87/model%20misc/1959%20Cadillac%20Custom/

WIP thread -- http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50641

2.jpg

3.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

12.jpg

15.jpg

very nice but the sides of the headlights besels should be body colour If you look at the box lid it should show you where to paint

Yeah I seen that while building...there were 2 reasons it was left chrome. 1 i ran out of the black paint and 2 I kind of like the chrome look...lol...it wouldn't be anything to go back and paint around the headlights later on though.

Thanks everyone for the comments....the 59 Caddy is probably my favorite car...especially dressed in all black....I had license plates made up that said "Psycho Billy" but have misplaced them since I started the build...If i find them I will add them. Kind of a build themed from Johnny Cash - The Man In Black

Yeah I seen that while building...there were 2 reasons it was left chrome. 1 i ran out of the black paint and 2 I kind of like the chrome look...lol...it wouldn't be anything to go back and paint around the headlights later on though.

Thanks everyone for the comments....the 59 Caddy is probably my favorite car...especially dressed in all black....I had license plates made up that said "Psycho Billy" but have misplaced them since I started the build...If i find them I will add them. Kind of a build themed from Johnny Cash - The Man In Black

I hope you didnt take offence to my comment about the headlight trim I think your caddy looks kool all the best dave