Model Cars Magazine Forum

International Lonestar

Got this for christmas yesterday along with a monogram 40 ford hotrod. thinking about doing it like thispost-9823-0-81789000-1356545816_thumb.pnpost-9823-0-91475800-1356545824_thumb.pn or like my peterbilt which if youve seen before is usally hauling cars. It is a good deal longer than my pete and has twice as many pieces. and seeing how we are getting blasted with a blizzard as i type the frame and body wont have any paint for a while.post-9823-0-91582000-1356545775_thumb.jppost-9823-0-75806800-1356545784_thumb.jppost-9823-0-49644100-1356545798_thumb.jppost-9823-0-41938500-1356545805_thumb.pn

Edited by Platerpants

Good luck, I'm starting to get into rigs myself now days as I build one for a friend of mine and I'm starting to understand how they are built. This here is one of the models I would like to take on one day myself. So I'll be watching your progress on yours for the time being. Also know what you mean about the snow, I'm just east of you and we're getting hit by the stuff today too.

thanks for the kind words guy. heres the interior i did just finish the dashboard but i have not taken a picture of it. still got engine work and other details to do. i think its about time for a new detail brush its bristles are starting to feather out. the color im using for the brown is a wall paint the color is terracotta base coat.securedownload-10_zpseb1198ea.jpg

this has sorta been pushed to the side until i get some decal paper for custom logos and ive been workin on the 40 ford. anybody know good brands under 20$ on amazon? ive been told papilio waterslide is good? I did just throw a coat on the lower front fenders. as always this will be completed just slower than ususal

well around 930 last night i decided ti try and put the interior in the cab not so easy when the paint is still drying(i had set it over a heater vent to speed up the drying a little but not much) its a tough job when you dont wanna ruin the paint. anyway i was successful. heres a mock up. and as always my pete is pictured. forgot to paint my fenders lol.0104132128_zps5671d148.jpg

Nice truck, and you are an quick builder

i do quick i have no patience. anyway got the fenders painted and on, the stacks on sorta, and im working on getting the hood to sit level i figured out the tray behind the windshield wipers is what the hood sets on and is molded way too high. blurry picture though.0105131610_zps56de21d9.jpg

Got this for christmas yesterday along with a monogram 40 ford hotrod. thinking about doing it like thisattachicon.giflonestar1.pngattachicon.giflonestar2.png or like my peterbilt which if youve seen before is usally hauling cars. It is a good deal longer than my pete and has twice as many pieces. and seeing how we are getting blasted with a blizzard as i type the frame and body wont have any paint for a while.attachicon.gif1226121311.jpgattachicon.gif1226121312.jpgattachicon.gif1226121312a.jpgattachicon.gifdddd.png

Oh man, that'll like gorgeous!!!!!!

Thanks. well when you have a 2 week winter break with nothing to do but eat build and fill out job applications you get a lot of building done. got most the body done need to do that little wrath they call lights. and i have decided after looking at all the pictures of built lonestars that my hood is sitting normal for the kit other than the moebius promo picture on their instructions. oh yah and my dad just signed up for these forums yesterday he is oldguy70 with only one post its a 71 cuda in the underglass car section. he spent like 2 years building the thing with scratchbuilding and detailing included.

well here it is playing in the snow(real snow) got about a foot and a half on the ground. not finished yet just did the mirrors after this picture. still gotta do the hood vents in silver and finish the lighting. today is my last day of winter break.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh_zps5779104d.jpg

Edited by Platerpants