Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Will the Model King (AMT) Boss Nova grille fit the AMT Rat Packer?

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Before I buy a Boss Nova just to get the correct grille for a replica '63 drag coupe, do these pieces interchange easily?

Thanks!

Matt

Posted (edited) · Report post

The "Rat Packer" Nova is a '65 which was the year that had the backup lights added to the trunk and the front turn signals were moved to the bumper. If you're wanting to convert the "Rat Packer" to a '63, you could do a front end end swap or modify the front fenders to accept the '63 grille and use the wagon's hood.

Edited by plowboy

Posted (edited) · Report post

If you're wanting to convert the "Rat Packer" to a '63, you could do a front end end swap or modify the front fenders to accept the '63 grille and use the wagon's hood.

Yes, I'm trying to get the look of a '63 coupe with the Rat Packer kit. The 1:1 I'm replicating didn't run a front bumper, so the fit in that area isn't an issue. Essentially I need the Boss Nova grille/headlights/hood to fit the '65 Rat Packer.

post-302-0-67364800-1356639990_thumb.jpg

Edited by Matt T.

Posted · Report post

Matt, I held my '63 "Boss Nova" grille up to the front of my built "Rat Packer" and it looks like it will fit with no problems. The hoods are the same length and width, just shaped a little different where they meet the grille.

Posted · Report post

Thanks very much for checking, Roger. Now I can buy the Boss Nova with confidence.

Happy New Year!