Model Cars Magazine Forum

-57 Chevy, driven by Jere Stahl -FINISHED-

W-348

Hi all from Scandinavia

My son Niko, (W-409), took me into this forum, and it sure looks interesting. I started building models in the mid 70s as a kid. Then the normal story, 20 years brake and restart inspired by my son.

I'm most interested in Stock and Super Stock drag cars, modern and old school, but also other Americans. We are also building 1:1 scale Stock Eliminator Chevelle -74 K/SA for next summer with my son.

OK, but now I'm trying to build a Jere Stahl -57 Chevy Junior Stocker from year 1965. It will be build from Revell's Black Widow.

The body is painted white and has "Decals by Lucas" on it. The engine is not ready yet, but hopefully will be during my current holidays - lets see..

By the way, does anyone have pics of J. Stahls -57 (or similar -57's) from that era?

KopassaDecalitPaikallaan_-vi.jpg

KopassaDecalitPaikallaan_3-vi.jpg

KopassaDecalitPaikallaan_1-vi.jpg

DSCN0133-vi.jpg

DSCN0134-vi.jpg

Edited by W-348

The Black Widow is a great start to jumping back into the hobby full force and so far, you're doing it justice. I've been watching Niko's builds for some time now and his skills and execution have really skyrocketed. As others have said, its great to have a father and son building team, whether 1:1 or 1;24, on the forum. Welcome aboard.

Thanks everybody for the comments, here you can see at least some progress of the -57.

The engine begins to be ready, I scratchbuilt the headers from solder (collectors are still missing). I made some fuel and vacuum lines on the engine. The air cleaner is an aftermarket product, but I made the adapter between fuel injection and air cleaner.

Rear slicks are AMT Racemaster slicks parts pack, I had to narrow the rear axle a bit and lifted the rear suspension a little to fit the rear tires correctly inside the body.

And yes, I'm really proud of Niko!

DSCN0236-vi.jpg

DSCN0240-vi.jpg

DSCN0246-vi.jpg

DSCN0247-vi.jpg

DSCN0245-vi.jpg

To be continued....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys

-57 is now finished, and here are some project pics of it before I (actually Niko) goes and takes pictures of the finished model.

In these pics seatbelts are added and glasses are installed, the body is foiled and engine and interior are installed to the chassis.

DSCN06581-vi.jpg

DSCN06571-vi.jpg

DSCN06601-vi.jpg

DSCN06521-vi.jpg

DSCN06541-vi.jpg