Model Cars Magazine Forum

Master cylinders for the brakes and clutch.

Brake:

DSC03016_zpsae8a142b.jpg

DSC03022_zpse90ea757.jpg

Clutch:

DSC03017_zpsc8833838.jpg

DSC03020_zpsdc05d43c.jpg

Aluminum and brass for the hydraulic parts and caps.

I rough milled the reservoirs from raw resin and hand finished them. Still a little clean up required…

The electrical connector for the brake master was also milled from resin stock.

I assembled the pedal set into the foot box for the final time. I made the hardware and linkages and connected them to the master cylinder castings and brake & clutch pedals. The machined master cylinders were textured and painted to look like the cast parts they represent. I also made the cable with adjustment hardware for the throttle.

This is not going to be a model of a virgin or trailer queen, so a little dust and grime was weathered into this sub-assembly. Still more parts and details to add to it though

DSC03040_zpscc278e77.jpg

DSC03039_zpsce7ab5e5.jpg

DSC03041_zps7a46f475.jpg

Mark, the speakers speak volumes regarding your dedication......Just too kool mate. B) B)

Y'know, they say this sickness is curable, but I can't see it happening any time soon mate... :lol: Keep up the GREAT work bud, inspirational it is indeed. :) ;)

Thanks guys! I weighed it and all the parts I had made up to that point a couple months ago and it was well over a pound then.

It still is far from the record weight for cars in my 1/12th collection, but it might end up as the heaviest Seven in that collection.

Pete, hopefully you can see it in person in about a month...

Thanks again guys!

These parts were started over a year ago. Now it’s time to fit them into the whole of the project. The firewall has been added to the cowl and the windshield frame and mounts have been soldered together. Only five pieces make up the windshield assembly at this point…

DSC03055_zps976f386d.jpg