Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bugatti EB110

Scottnkat

This is my Monogram Bugatti EB110. This kit was missing parts, so I had to fabricate everything from the oil pan to some of the exhaust pipes. Well, I got right down to the end with this build, making the missing parts as needed - I get the body glued onto the chassis pan so everything is all tucked in nice and snug. Then I dropped the thing.
With the chassis glued onto the body, I couldn't quite get in to put everything back in place, so I improvised. This is a model of a unique EB110 with an off-center engine - or at least that's what I'm telling people... I was able to get most of the parts pretty much where they belonged, but the engine is forevermore off-center now. I'll just say that it improves stability in a left turn... yeah, that's the ticket!
Anyway, I'm calling it done and moving on, so here it is...

DSCN2321a.jpg

DSCN2322a.jpg

DSCN2323a.jpg

DSCN2324a.jpg

I noticed after I took these pics that the rear bumper's coming off on the passenger's side - I'll fix that before putting it away...

Here's the engine looking through the rear window:

DSCN2325a.jpg

Even though the hinges broke when it fell, I can still simulate the rear deck being lifted:

DSCN2329a.jpg

And here's a look at the front - not much room for luggage with the battery, master cylinder, and cooling fans:

DSCN2330a.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anybody looking to build an EB110, there are only 2 different plastic kits available.

The Revell one (also marketed under the Monogram label)

The Heller one (also marketed under the Airfix label)

Back in the 90's I had both kits side by side to review

Both manufacturers had their own vision of how this car should be kitted.

The Heller kit is not as complex as the Revell version, but both make up into nice models of this car.